New HDD is not detected by Windows 11

Hip

Hello!

I just got a new HDD and somehow it won't show up in Windows.

I have a power cable with 2 HDD's already installed. And another one with 1 SSD but slots for for more HDD's so I plugged it into the same cable. 

At first I thought maybe the power is not enough so I unplugged the SSD on the cord and only plugged in the HDD, but same result.

What could the problem be? I tried to scan for new hardware in the device manager already. Didnt work either.

Thanks for any help!

MB ASRock Z390 Extreme 4

PSU Seasonic Focus Gold

If it was a brand-new drive, it probably needs to be initialized, partitioned, and formatted before it will appear with its own drive letter.

Does it appear in Disk Management?

What model drive is it?

Does your motherboard share bandwidth between SATA ports and an M.2 slot? Does another drive work properly when plugged into the same power cable, data cable, and SATA port as you're using with the new drive?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

24 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If it was a brand-new drive, it probably needs to be initialized, partitioned, and formatted before it will appear with its own drive letter.

Does it appear in Disk Management?

What model drive is it?

Does your motherboard share bandwidth between SATA ports and an M.2 slot? Does another drive work properly when plugged into the same power cable, data cable, and SATA port as you're using with the new drive?

In Disk Management something popped up, "you have to initilize the disk before LDM can access it: Disk: 0"  Select: MBR or GPT

3 minutes ago, Hip said:

In Disk Management something popped up, "you have to initilize the disk before LDM can access it: Disk: 0"  Select: MBR or GPT

You want GPT.

Then you can create a new partition on the blank drive. Once that finishes formatting, the drive will show up under My Computer.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

35 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

You want GPT.

Then you can create a new partition on the blank drive. Once that finishes formatting, the drive will show up under My Computer.

Thank you, it works!

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

You want GPT.

It's strange, now I reconnected the SSD and it doesnt get detected now. The HDD is now ready but not the SSD.