Wrong value declared to customs

Meet The Pyro
11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are saying same as I. No extra fees. Just who is the one paying changes. And ofc that 150e limit. But still, its same thing.

Under the 150 euro limit it is cheaper to pay VAT via the store than via customs when it arrives, that's the extra fee I tried to make clear. 

Customs formalities are a fixed cost (and different from both VAT and import duties) depending on the value of the package, and do not need to be paid if vat was paid to the store. 

I don't know if it costs the store anything, probably in time for them doing the formalities. But if they don't that is in effect an extra fee for the receiver. 

And of course if done correctly it can greatly speed up how fast the package arrives since it usually goes past customs fast of it's prepaid. 

Anyways, no update from support yet 

Keep in mind that if you do decide to let it get sent back, anything they no longer have listed for sale may be gone forever. They’re limited in what they can do when creating a replacement order, and can only ship things that are currently in stock.

That’s not to say that they wouldn’t be able to ship the original parcel back to you, they might have that option when it makes it back to them but they may very well not. It’s not LTT employees doing the fulfillment, so it’s not as easy as someone from the support team asking someone from the warehouse team to look out for it.

Just something you should definitely keep in mind if there’s anything in the order you really want that they no longer stock.

Btw, they do refund the tax you paid if you get billed and pay for it again, so at the very least you’re guaranteed to get back the ~$24 you paid, but hopefully they’d be willing/able to give you back more towards it as a good gesture.

My experiences importing things may not be relevant for all countries, but in Canada they give you an option to dispute the import tax assessment. I just submit a form along with a copy of the invoice showing the actual value I paid and they mail you back a cheque for the difference. It's worked 100% of the time.

I used to (2005-2015) have issues all the time with items shipped from eastern Europe & Russia incorrectly declared and tax assessed.

14 hours ago, savagemadman said:

but in Canada they give you an option to dispute the import tax assessment. 

I do think I can dispute it, but generally I think actions need tk be taken by the sender for any issues as they're the one who paid the delivery service (even if it got paid by you to the shop). 

I can probably try if they don't reply, but wouldn't that also give issues as they declare and sign that the values they give are correct? 

Anyways still no response from support. 

Okay so I got a reply, they told me they can't do anything about customs but that I should be able to dispute it with my confirmation email.

I have no idea how it'll work since some costs have been made on the customs side even if they do agree it was incorrect, never did this before, but I'll try and dispute, I'll keep you all updated 😛

Okay so both of my packages got reviewed and costs have been cut down. 

There no longer are import costs. However VAT and customs formalities remain. This is of course because they had to handle taxes due to wrong custom declarations. (normally if tax is prepaid you do not pay customs formalities) 

VAT has been adjusted to the real price so that in combination with no more import costs did cut the costs for both from around 100 each to around 45-50 each. 

For anyone interested I'll still keep updating this, going to see what support says. 

I assume that at the very least they'd refund the vat they charged, and hopefully they'll also help with the extra costs.

Happy to report that they have refunded me the unexpected costs. (or at least I got the confirmations, probably a couple of days to actually get it back on my card) 

So aside from the big delays because of all this I ended up paying the correct price 🙂

Hopefully the packages show up soon now 😄