PC doesnt Work with new Power Supply

Dudevon233

I bought a new power supply due to a graphics card change. Since I didn't get a picture, I wanted to try the whole thing again with the old graphics card and the new power supply, but that doesn't work either. I checked all the connectors, including the ATX on the mainboard, and tried the whole thing again with the old power supply (it worked). Unfortunately, I can't test the PC without a graphics card because I don't have an IGPU. I have no idea what the problem could be, the graphics card theoretically has power, so the fans rotate, just like the mainboard. The power supply has enough watts to power everything twice. It doesn't seem to be due to the PCIe connection, as I didn't do anything to the graphics card when I changed the power supply to the old one, and it worked.

3 minutes ago, Dudevon233 said:

I bought a new power supply due to a graphics card change. Since I didn't get a picture, I wanted to try the whole thing again with the old graphics card and the new power supply, but that doesn't work either. I checked all the connectors, including the ATX on the mainboard, and tried the whole thing again with the old power supply (it worked). Unfortunately, I can't test the PC without a graphics card because I don't have an IGPU. I have no idea what the problem could be, the graphics card theoretically has power, so the fans rotate, just like the mainboard. The power supply has enough watts to power everything twice. It doesn't seem to be due to the PCIe connection, as I didn't do anything to the graphics card when I changed the power supply to the old one, and it worked.

When changing PSU, did you also change out all the cables or did you use the old cables with the new PSU?

48 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

When changing PSU, did you also change out all the cables or did you use the old cables with the new PSU?

What @Hinjima said is important!! You've got to use the new cables! 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

7 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Of course I used the New cables

7 hours ago, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of the old and new PSU?

The old one was a cheap xilence PSU, the New one is a Bequiet PurePower 11 700W

1 minute ago, Dudevon233 said:

Of course I used the New cables

That is not a given, you'd be surprised how many people do not 🙂

Just now, Dudevon233 said:

The old one was a cheap xilence PSU, the New one is a Bequiet PurePower 11 700W

You certainly bought a decent unit! Very strange that it wouldn't work, broken units do happen but very rarely.
Have you tried jumping it?

On 12/27/2023 at 12:35 AM, Hinjima said:

You certainly bought a decent unit! Very strange that it wouldn't work, broken units do happen but very rarely.
Have you tried jumping it?

Now I tried some components with the New, and some with the old PSU, the result is: Everything but the 24 Pin ATX Main connector seems to work, so I thought it might only be broken, brought it Back to the Store, but they tested it and it worked. I dont know what my mistake is