3ds repair worth it?

Max853lolz

I recently picked up a 3ds xl old model for 80 USD at a local video game shop. It’s pretty scuffed up on the back and I want to make it last as long as possible so what I’m wondering is, should I drop 50 on a shell? Any preventative maintenance I could do? Should I buy a newer model if it lasts longer?

Assuming the scuffs are just cosmetic, they shouldn't have much impact on device longevity.

I don't think it's a terrible idea to buy a newer model 3DS, just because it'll be more recent and the battery will probably be healthier, but I don't know how much it'll matter with something that old.

Personally, I would probably save the $50 and put it towards the new model further down the road.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore the cosmetic damage, it isn't doing to impact the longevity of the console.

Assuming the battery is stock though, I would shell out a few bucks to replace that, as well as for a large micro SD card to put in it.

Those things are essentially bulletproof.