Limited time to use LTT Backpack Discount & Can't use on Gift Cards

ReliableRandom

I received the email about the discount code for the the backpack. But while reading the message when accepting the conditions of receiving the code. 
It says I have until February 29th to use the code. 

So I decided to use the code for a $25 gift card so I can use it when there is something I really want off the store. Yet it won't let me use it for that. So now I'm locked into buying something within the next 2 months or I lose it?

Seems like it would have been simpler for them to just issue everyone that wanted one a $25 gift card. 

LTT Backpack Discount.png

I don't think it's LTT related but I'm pretty sure most discount coupons cannot be applied to gift cards since you basically get free money if you did. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Isn't them giving me $25 already free money? What's the point in how it's used? I just don't want to lose it by having it expire. 

11 minutes ago, ReliableRandom said:

Isn't them giving me $25 already free money? What's the point in how it's used? I just don't want to lose it by having it expire. 

Not exactly, as you could "launder" that gift card into real money.  It's harder to do that with a code. Plus as with any business having money like that out there on the books is a liability in accounting terms, they don't want on the books forever. Not to mention if it does expire, it's money in their pocket. (* Not an accountant )

1 hour ago, ReliableRandom said:

received the email about the discount code for the the backpack

1 hour ago, ReliableRandom said:

So I decided to use the code for a $25 gift card so I can use it when there is something I really want off the store. Yet it won't let me use it for that.

a giftcard is not a backpack

1 hour ago, Lunar River said:

a giftcard is not a backpack

You must not be familiar with the situation of the $25 given to those who bought the flawed backpack.

Yeah, Linus mentioned that he wants to have a cool launch soon (magnetic cable organisers) to not have those discount codes hanging over them forever, so I’d have thought it could be used later…maybe he doesn’t even know there’s an expiry date on them?