Master tapes for Reboot found.

CastletonSnob

Time for a little good news/bad news.

The good news? Master tapes for every episode of the classic CGI cartoon Reboot have been found.

The bad news? They need a D1 tape deck to be read.

As a Canadian I appreciate what Reboot was from a technical point, but unfortunately, it also looked like garbage to my eyes so it's preservation does little to move my needle.

I am glad to see some important art may get preserved for future generations though.

Call me when the original cut of Event Horizon turns up though 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Okay now this is pretty awesome!

I grew up with this show, and honestly would love a proper high quality digital release...unfortunate that they have to resort to fans doing it, after they dumped all that money on the Reboot reboot (which was a slap in the face to ReBoot fans)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

The scariest thing about this situation, is that it’s actually better than what people will be doing 30 years from now; At least there are physical master tapes/storage media from shows at that time.

With many things being streamed exclusively now, and the small incentive a studio has to store that data for smaller shows and movies, there will be a lot of things lost.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

7 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

The scariest thing about this situation, is that it’s actually better than what people will be doing 30 years from now; At least there are physical master tapes/storage media from shows at that time.

With many things being streamed exclusively now, and the small incentive a studio has to store that data for smaller shows and movies, there will be a lot of things lost.

Silicon Valley reinvents wiping. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.