MX Master 3S Having Issues

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by byalexandr,

Actually, after using my G502 Hero a bit more I remember why I liked this mouse so much lol.

I ordered a G502X Plus Lightspeed off of Amazon instead. Hopefully this one doesn't present any issues in the future like my poor MX Master. Wonder if I can send it to Logitech to get fixed or something..

Hey all,

Making this post to see if there are some recommendations for wireless mice. I am looking for something that will last me a long time, and be used for both work and gaming (I work remotely on my XPS 15, and sometimes game after work on my ROG Z13). I absolutely love my MX Master 3S, especially that I can just switch between the two devices, but recently the left click has been having problems. Sometimes it won't register a click, sometimes it will think I stopped clicking when I am still holding the left mouse button. It was a little frustrating in FPS games because I wouldn't shoot the bad guy in time, or stop shooting just before they are unalived. It has gotten worse over the past week or so and even more frustrating when I can't do something as simple as drag and drop a file on my other computer.

So for now I pulled out my old G502 Hero to use. But, I love the ergonomics so much on the MX Master, that I'm not really enjoying the G502 at the moment. Plus, the G502 is still wired.

Any recommendations on a good quality mouse (doesn't necessarily have to be a gaming mouse) to replace my MX Master (with similar ergonomics)?

Should I just buy another one and hope this one doesn't crap out on me?

The main thing I'm not liking about my G502 anymore is it's a lot 'lower' than the MX Master. I guess I developed a sort of claw grip and the raised back of the MX Master was really nice and comfortable. The G502 doesn't have this, so my knuckles sit much lower and I rely on my palm a bit more which feels a bit weird. It doesn't necessarily have to be a gaming mouse, but I know usually they have better sensors and buttons, input latency, etc. I also do not like a light mouse - I have all of the weights installed in my G502 and the MX Master is about as light as I want to go.

TIA

11 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Hey all,

Making this post to see if there are some recommendations for wireless mice. I am looking for something that will last me a long time, and be used for both work and gaming (I work remotely on my XPS 15, and sometimes game after work on my ROG Z13). I absolutely love my MX Master 3S, especially that I can just switch between the two devices, but recently the left click has been having problems. Sometimes it won't register a click, sometimes it will think I stopped clicking when I am still holding the left mouse button. It was a little frustrating in FPS games because I wouldn't shoot the bad guy in time, or stop shooting just before they are unalived. It has gotten worse over the past week or so and even more frustrating when I can't do something as simple as drag and drop a file on my other computer.

So for now I pulled out my old G502 Hero to use. But, I love the ergonomics so much on the MX Master, that I'm not really enjoying the G502 at the moment. Plus, the G502 is still wired.

Any recommendations on a good quality mouse (doesn't necessarily have to be a gaming mouse) to replace my MX Master (with similar ergonomics)?

Should I just buy another one and hope this one doesn't crap out on me?

The main thing I'm not liking about my G502 anymore is it's a lot 'lower' than the MX Master. I guess I developed a sort of claw grip and the raised back of the MX Master was really nice and comfortable. The G502 doesn't have this, so my knuckles sit much lower and I rely on my palm a bit more which feels a bit weird. It doesn't necessarily have to be a gaming mouse, but I know usually they have better sensors and buttons, input latency, etc. I also do not like a light mouse - I have all of the weights installed in my G502 and the MX Master is about as light as I want to go.

TIA

The Basilisk V3 Pro seems like a decent option

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

35 minutes ago, fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead said:

The Basilisk V3 Pro seems like a decent option

I went to my local Best Buy to try some out and the Basilisk definitely seemed nice. Also the Corsair something or another but I didn't like the texture on it that I know would pick up a bunch of dirt and stuff over a short period.

They were out of stock of most stuff though, guess since it's the holidays, so I might go to Micro Center tomorrow to pick one up.

Actually, after using my G502 Hero a bit more I remember why I liked this mouse so much lol.

I ordered a G502X Plus Lightspeed off of Amazon instead. Hopefully this one doesn't present any issues in the future like my poor MX Master. Wonder if I can send it to Logitech to get fixed or something..

On 12/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, byalexandr said:

Just arrived - this mouse is awesome. Love the improvements over the G502 Hero. I may look into getting the Powerplay mouse pad to go with it eventually; one thing I wish this mouse had (I know it would compromise the wireless capabilities) is Bluetooth, so I can pair it with multiple devices. But switching the USB receiver is easy enough.