Proton/Steam Deck Updates

Hello all, I have purchased a Steam Deck. I haven't received it yet, but I was curious to know what those of you that own one have to say about it. I'm most interested in knowing what you all have noticed in terms of game performance increases per proton update. Also would like to know everyone's opinion on the new OLED version. Just trying to get a feel for what to watch out for and what to expect.

3 hours ago, CollinSmith26 said:

Hello all, I have purchased a Steam Deck. I haven't received it yet, but I was curious to know what those of you that own one have to say about it. I'm most interested in knowing what you all have noticed in terms of game performance increases per proton update. Also would like to know everyone's opinion on the new OLED version. Just trying to get a feel for what to watch out for and what to expect.

Didn't notice much depending on the game. 

Yes it's a great device, I even sold my LCD one to rebuy the OLED one. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 12/21/2023 at 7:37 PM, CollinSmith26 said:

I have also been curious about this, i just got one myself.