Lucky $500usd convenience gaming

Budget (including currency):  $500 USD Best Buy only. Willing to go over for tax and shipping. Prefer getting a travel case/ protectors in the budget. Going over for those must be worth it.  $700 hard stop can’t go over. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: casual convenience gaming on the go. PS4 remote play is a must. RPG and FPS only to enjoy the story line.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was lucky and won a $500 Best Buy gift card at the office Christmas party. I’m looking to get something that I can game while traveling. I travel 13+ weeks a year for work. When I’m home would like something I can easily pickup and put down.

Upgrading from a gaming laptop I never touch and don’t want to carry a second laptop traveling. I would like to buy in the next month or so. I’m open to resolution and fps. 

I’m leaning toward a stream deck, ROG Ally, or something similar. I already carry a laptop for work, I don’t want to carry a second. I like the idea of a protective case or protectors to help survive in a backpack full of stuff. Nothing in my bag is particularly brutal, like tools, but I travel. 

What do you think?

edit. I can’t find steam deck for sale at Best Buy 

Edited by Burnmaester

Like the steam deck is the only option.

Because the rog allly that is in budget is the super shitty slower version that costs more than a proper steam deck whilst being worse in every single way possible

Just get the case for the steam deck too and all will be good

Steam deck is the only option I can think of too. I would definitely spring for the OLED if possible

I would not get any of the steam deck variants from other brands unless you like to software tinker

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Like the steam deck is the only option.

Because the rog allly that is in budget is the super shitty slower version that costs more than a proper steam deck whilst being worse in every single way possible

Just get the case for the steam deck too and all will be good

Well I don’t know how I missed it… steam deck is not for sale at Best Buy. Or at least it is not coming up when I search for it

8 hours ago, Burnmaester said:

Well I don’t know how I missed it… steam deck is not for sale at Best Buy. Or at least it is not coming up when I search for it

Not too surprised

But basically for 500$ the steamdeck is the only option that isnt crap

Good news is that you can buy em with steam credit aka gift cards and guess what bestbuy carries 😛