USB hub (monitor) turns off

asheenlevrai

Hi 馃檪

I have a Win11 desktop PC that is set up to never go to sleep.

However, the monitor is set up to turn off after 1h of inactivity.

The monitor has a built-in USB hub that connects mouse and keyboard (among others) to the PC.

Now, when the monitor turns off, so does the USB hub and I thus cannot wake it up by moving the mouse or using the keyboard.

Obviously the monitor wakes up if a mouse or keyboard is connected directly to the PC (and is used when the monitor is turned off).

I looked into the monitor settings (OSD) but couldn't find any option to keep the USB ports going when the monitor is off.

I looked into Windows power plan and USB Selective Suspend Setting is Enabled, even if I doubt this is related to my current issue.

Is there anything I could do to fix this or is it just due to how the monitor is designed (and there's nothing I could do about that)?

I know other monitors allow for USB devices connected to their USB hub to make them wake up from sleep.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and advice.

Best,

-a-

It鈥檚 going to be a monitor thing. Unfortunately nothing you can do about it, unless you鈥檙e lucky enough for the manufacturer to release new firmware that keeps the USB power on while the monitor is off or asleep, but i wouldn鈥檛 hold my breath.

47 minutes ago, Lunar River said:

It鈥檚 going to be a monitor thing. Unfortunately nothing you can do about it, unless you鈥檙e lucky enough for the manufacturer to release new firmware that keeps the USB power on while the monitor is off or asleep, but i wouldn鈥檛 hold my breath.

Thanks 馃檪