-CPU: Intel i7-9700k

-GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

-Mobo: Asus z390-E Gaming

-Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32g @3000MHz

-Storage: Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm

-Case: NZXT H500

-Extra: NZXT Hue 2; White CableMod Cables

I won't be selling it with a hard drive. I payed around 1700-1800 for it when it was new. How much could I sell for today?

Current Pc Parts:

-CPU: Intel i7-9700k

-GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 black edition

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

-Mobo: Asus z390-E gaming

-Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32g @3000MHz

-Storage: Samsung 850evo 256Gb

-Storage: Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm

-Case: NZXT H500

-Extra: NZXT Hue 2

It really depends on which country and town you are living in, and what the market looks like there. This is hardly a question anyone can answer since it depends on time and location. It's a lot easier to calculate how much each part should go for if you look at the used market in your town or whichever place is viable. You could do the same and look at similar market on places like facebook market or any second hand trade website you have around.

I would try to find similar listings for whole PCs that are being sold or have been sold. See what they're priced at and for how long they've been siting at that price. If a similar PC with CPU and GPU that looks like yours is siting there for months at a certain price point, it means that price is too expensive for it, if you see listings that are only days/weeks old then the price could be more accurate and you can get some ideas from there.

you might well have bought it when gpu prices were massively hiked as 1700-1800 is a lot.

Unfortuantely a lot of people are now trying to sell pcs they over paid for over the last 3 years, and are putting pcs like this for sale at a £1000

and to give you an idea, I have just sold 

14600f rtx 4070 AIO DDR5 rog thor 'sfx l' psu etc for £1040

13400f rtx 3080 on a sff build 850

I currently have a 12400f rtx 4060 AIO on for £700

Try going to your preferred used markets and see what similar systems are on offer for. If you can see something equal or better that has been on sale for 2weeks+ that is a clear indication that this price is too high. If you cannot find systems like yours below a certain price then you are entering the price range that people are willing to pay. 

I was selling my 3060. I could see that 3060s in my area would be on sale for long time if priced around 2200 ddk and up, so I set the price at 2000 and got a ton of offers around 1500 but after 4 or 5 days one offered 1900 and we traded. 

Figure out how much you are in a hurry and how many % off you are willing to give, is also good for your negotiation position. 

Hope it helps. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Often parting out gets you more. HDD is worthless, but you could keep it for backup storage. If you plan to build a new system,you can reuse some part like the case maybe.

Someone who needs 32GB likely needs stronger CPU. So maybe your system was a bit mismatched depending on your application  But what you paid is not relevant to a buyer. It is about what it is worth to them. 

For a complete PC you also should have the ability to let people test it. If you are not comfortable letting people know where you live and just do an anonymous sale by a public space, that will impact value to the buyer. I never buy used, but that would be my fear that parts are not working and I can't complain to you later.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

I would price this at 700 and be willing to sell it for 550 or so when everyone low balls you. 

I sold a very similar system a year ago with an 8700k and most of the same setup except no GPU for 450. The 2070 isn't worth a ton anymore, and the 9700k is really just a different 8700k. Like maybe you get 600 for it but I don't see it higher than that from a buyer standpoint, espcially with no SSD. I'm in the northeast. 

Whatever you do, list it NOW because people are trying to buy stuff like this for their kids for the holidays. 

13 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

Uk about £500 going rate

500 sounds awfully low, it's by no means a terrible computer.

I know it's not high end, but it's certainly usable today.

13 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

you might well have bought it when gpu prices were massively hiked as 1700-1800 is a lot.

Unfortuantely a lot of people are now trying to sell pcs they over paid for over the last 3 years, and are putting pcs like this for sale at a £1000

and to give you an idea, I have just sold 

14600f rtx 4070 AIO DDR5 rog thor 'sfx l' psu etc for £1040

13400f rtx 3080 on a sff build 850

I currently have a 12400f rtx 4060 AIO on for £700

You do make a very good point about prices 3 years ago and what you get now for the same money is night and day.

A grand for your 14600 and 4070 sounds reasonable.

Ditto the 3080.

To give some perspective, about 3 years ago my friend payed just over a grand for a pc with a 2060 and i5 10400.

Granted, your offering is second hand...but still.

It shows the difference between what a grand got you back then and what it can get you now.

3 hours ago, Morrie Sells Wigs said:

You do make a very good point about prices 3 years ago and what you get now for the same money is night and day.

Ditto the 3080.

To give some perspective, about 3 years ago my friend payed just over a grand for a pc with a 2060 and i5 10400.

It shows the difference between what a grand got you back then and what it can get you now.

What something cost new some years ago is not relevant. Especially not in electronics.

Today's new price for similar performance hardware would be a good start and then deduct 40%(or whatever is appropriate) to account for it being used, no warranty and some risk of it having hidden damage. You basically have to price it from the perspective of the buyer who could buy low risk new parts vs. Higher risk used parts.

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

9 hours ago, Morrie Sells Wigs said:

Ditto the 3080.

It was extremely reasonable...SFF build, FORMD case ROG psu and MOBO...but was built to sell asap, I made my mark up on it.

5 hours ago, htimsenyawed said:

You know what you got, $1500 FIRM and no tire kickers.

/s

I'd give $500 for that system.

Completely unrealistic price....can pick up 2 x better systems for that money

theres some recently sold on ebay...if you also do social media search, you'll pick them up similar prices or even less with a haggle

Screenshot 2023-12-20 044949.png

Screenshot 2023-12-20 045019.png

I buy/build/sell used pcs and components...that is all I do

50% of my time is spent searching to buy

14 hours ago, Lurking said:

What something cost new some years ago is not relevant. Especially not in electronics.

Today's new price for similar performance hardware would be a good start and then deduct 40%(or whatever is appropriate) to account for it being used, no warranty and some risk of it having hidden damage. You basically have to price it from the perspective of the buyer who could buy low risk new parts vs. Higher risk used parts.

If it's irrelevant why did you mention it?

You brought up people paying over the odds 3 years ago and trying resell at unrealistic prices.

I agreed with you and gave an example from my own personal experience that backs up your assertion.

You then tell me that what something "cost new some years ago is not relevant".

2 hours ago, Morrie Sells Wigs said:

If it's irrelevant why did you mention it?

You brought up people paying over the odds 3 years ago and trying resell at unrealistic prices.

I agreed with you and gave an example from my own personal experience that backs up your assertion.

You then tell me that what something "cost new some years ago is not relevant".

You talked about what your friend paid 3 years ago. OP wants to sell now, not 3 years ago. So any prices 3 years ago are not relevant.

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

1 hour ago, htimsenyawed said:

That’s pound sterling not US dollar. While the British economy isn’t doing that hot, the conversion rate is still £500 is US$633

So, again, where?

You quoted 1500 usd..so even on ebay with the exchange rate thats still 2 systems with that chip n card for well less than $1500 and thats at £500, that picture of the sale is at £400 so even less...you could then potentially get 3 for your 1500

On 12/19/2023 at 5:45 AM, Ehrix said:

Current Pc Parts:

I won't be selling it with a hard drive. I payed around 1700-1800 for it when it was new. How much could I sell for today?

In my country builds similar go for 450-500€ but i think you can sell for a tad bit more as its got 32gb of ram and a tb of ssd storage

On 12/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ehrix said:

Current Pc Parts:

Not including a usable OS drive (no, I don't count the 1TB Toshiba spinning rust) rules this out for people who just want to buy a complete plug and play system and hurts your chances of selling it by a lot. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 12/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, Lurking said:

You talked about what your friend paid 3 years ago. OP wants to sell now, not 3 years ago. So any prices 3 years ago are not relevant.

Are you for real?

You are the one who originally mentioned prices from the last three years, not me.

I simply responded with a personal observation that confirmed that assertion.

At this point, you are either a troll or an imbecile - there's no other explanation.

12 hours ago, Morrie Sells Wigs said:

At this point, you are either a troll or an imbecile - there's no other explanation.

You realize they responded to someone else saying 3 years ago and high prices right?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

16 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You realize they responded to someone else saying 3 years ago and high prices right?

Read the entire thread, it's only one page.