Will items ordered 9 days ago make it by Christmas?

Toblakai

I ordered a couple items 9 days ago, still have not received a shipping notice, will they make it by Christmas.  I emailed support and the auto-reply said it will take 5 days to reply to my question.  

This is pretty bad customer service.

1 minute ago, Toblakai said:

I ordered a couple items 9 days ago, still have not received a shipping notice, will they make it by Christmas.  I emailed support and the auto-reply said it will take 5 days to reply to my question.  

Was the banner that says "New orders will take longer than normal to ship and will not be delivered by December 25. Thanks for your patience" when you ordered it?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 hour ago, Toblakai said:

Given that you ordered during the month of December... order processing and/or shipping delays are expected for stores of this size.

image.thumb.png.d9de189dc7ddb04b4360c568c82c7007.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I did not see the banner when I placed the order, though I saw it today when I went to check on it.  I may have not seen it, but who knows.  Should have been a big warning on the checkout page, now I have to scramble to find some gifts. Guess I will have to cancel my order.  They won't be getting back until its too late to know if I will actually receive it.

1 hour ago, Toblakai said:

I did not see the banner when I placed the order, though I saw it today when I went to check on it.  I may have not seen it, but who knows.  Should have been a big warning on the checkout page, now I have to scramble to find some gifts. Guess I will have to cancel my order.  They won't be getting back until its too late to know if I will actually receive it.

it's on the top of every page of the store, including the checkout. looking at the Wayback Machine that top banner has been there since the 9th of December at least, before that it said orders may take longer to ship. how big of a warning do you need? I feel like this is more than sufficient without being overly obtrusive, sucks that you likely won't get it in time but that is on you.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

11 hours ago, Razercake said:

it's on the top of every page of the store, including the checkout. looking at the Wayback Machine that top banner has been there since the 9th of December at least, before that it said orders may take longer to ship. how big of a warning do you need? I feel like this is more than sufficient without being overly obtrusive, sucks that you likely won't get it in time but that is on you.

Just double checked and the banner is not on the checkout page.  Also delivery time was 6-9 days, which from the 9th is plenty of time to get here.  I am very disappointed over this.

10 minutes ago, Toblakai said:

Just double checked and the banner is not on the checkout page.  Also delivery time was 6-9 days, which from the 9th is plenty of time to get here.  I am very disappointed over this.

Delivery time is usually in business days. If you ordered it on the 9th, today is only 7 business days. That would put the stuff you ordered arriving Thursday the 21st. I am unsure if the "won't arrive before christmas" applies to you, but you have to remember that not everyone can ship as fast as Amazon.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

12 minutes ago, Toblakai said:

meant shopping cart not checkout, my bad. I don't think they can influence the last part of the order process as Shopify handles it, but could be wrong.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

14 hours ago, Toblakai said:

This is entirely on you. You can't expect a small company to fulfill an order like this on such short notice, especially since the carriers are also swamped at this time and can lead to even further delays. This isn't new, this happens every year at this time; you should have been more prepared and planned ahead.

This is especially true if you don't live in Canada and it has to go through a border.

57 minutes ago, Toblakai said:

Business days. Anything like this is always in business days. That's also delivery time and doesn't include processing time, which can take an extra day or two depending on how busy their fulfillment provider is.

This is really a case of you, the customer, being unprepared, and uneducated on the way things work. If you're disappointed, at least partial blame is on you.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So, to sum things up...

• Last minute order, during the holiday season of all times.
  • You didn't read the notice
  • Ignorant to the fact that most businesses operate and deliver around business days.
  • Don't care about circumstances and believe it's "plenty of time".
  • And you have the audacity to cry "bad customer service"?

Sounding quite a bit like a self-entitled Karen, if I'm being frank. Plan better and have more realistic expectations next time.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

6 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

So, to sum things up...

• Last minute order, during the holiday season of all times.
  • You didn't read the notice
  • Ignorant to the fact that most businesses operate and deliver around business days.
  • Don't care about circumstances and believe it's "plenty of time".
  • And you have the audacity to cry "bad customer service"?

Sounding quite a bit like a self-entitled Karen, if I'm being frank. Plan better and have more realistic expectations next time.

6-9 days from order is what checkout said.  The 9th is not last minute.  Even if I had read the notice the shipping period was still 6-9 days.  It's not only bad customer service, it's incompetence.  I just tried checking something out, still says 6-9 days.  If they were competent that number would be higher.

Self entitled?  This coming from an obvious LTT fan boi? Expecting it in the time period they said? Wow.  Linus almost destroyed his company a bit ago, that was competent right?  LTT keeps doing things that does not show competence.  They are competent on making good clothing (which is what I ordered) though apparently not backpacks. 

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

This is entirely on you. You can't expect a small company to fulfill an order like this on such short notice, especially since the carriers are also swamped at this time and can lead to even further delays. This isn't new, this happens every year at this time; you should have been more prepared and planned ahead.

This is especially true if you don't live in Canada and it has to go through a border.

Business days. Anything like this is always in business days. That's also delivery time and doesn't include processing time, which can take an extra day or two depending on how busy their fulfillment provider is.

This is really a case of you, the customer, being unprepared, and uneducated on the way things work. If you're disappointed, at least partial blame is on you.

FYI, since you apparently can't do math 9 business days from the 9th is 2 days from now.  I haven't even gotten a shipping notice. So many fan bois in this forum.

7 hours ago, TylerD321 said:

Delivery time is usually in business days. If you ordered it on the 9th, today is only 7 business days. That would put the stuff you ordered arriving Thursday the 21st. I am unsure if the "won't arrive before christmas" applies to you, but you have to remember that not everyone can ship as fast as Amazon.

If it had already shipped I probably could expect it by the 21st, unless they are overnighting it tomorrow it won't be here by Thursday.

3 hours ago, Toblakai said:

FYI, since you apparently can't do math 9 business days from the 9th is 2 days from now.  I haven't even gotten a shipping notice. So many fan bois in this forum.

I guess you can't read eh? 

Most deliveries within the US should arrive within 3-9 days after your shipping confirmation email is received

As with most things in life, it's all in the details. I'm actually not a Linus fan boi, I don't even really watch their videos. But go off sis. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@Toblakai With all due respect, even without that banner which indicates a delay in shipping orders (regardless you did not see it or it was not present), given the information that LTT Store clearly provides in regards to the time it takes to process and to ship orders (in business days), they can not be held accountable for this one. You clearly misunderstood the provided info or you disregarded it and made for yourself false expectations. If it arrives by Christmas, consider it a bonus. It was never a guarantee. Sorry to say, but this one is on you.

9 hours ago, Toblakai said:

6-9 days from order is what checkout said.  The 9th is not last minute.  Even if I had read the notice the shipping period was still 6-9 days.  It's not only bad customer service, it's incompetence.  I just tried checking something out, still says 6-9 days.  If they were competent that number would be higher.

Self entitled?  This coming from an obvious LTT fan boi? Expecting it in the time period they said? Wow.  Linus almost destroyed his company a bit ago, that was competent right?  LTT keeps doing things that does not show competence.  They are competent on making good clothing (which is what I ordered) though apparently not backpacks. 

Ah, the ultimate argument...you disagree with my nonsense so you're a fan boi.

Ordering basically 2 weeks before Christmas is last minute, lol. Do you have any idea why delivery times get adjusted during the holidays? The sheer amount of them are impossible to fulfill under normal time lines.

Again, you're ignoring all circumstances because youre clinging to your own ignorance, and are now claiming incompetence.

Sorry, but you're a Karen. You take no self-responsibility while trying to put others down for things many would consider common sense.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

I ordered a LTT screwdriver on the 6th, was notified by support that outstanding orders would ship by the 16th but never got the shipping update. I understand the holidays are cause for delays but that being said most companies with any semblance of operations management knowledge knows to prep with their distribution partners for the holiday season. I'd understand if this is LTT's first go at a holiday rush but that's not the case. If you don't expect to be able to fulfill the orders in a relatively timely fashion, curb your stock (or at least don't allow an excess of orders online) and allow your constituents to go purchase other gifts for the holidays instead of trying to maximize profit... LTT isn't your average youtuber selling merch, it's a $100MM company selling expensive products and should be held to a higher standard.

That being said, the customer service is great and they recently agreed to replace my LTT screwdriver that had an issue with the ratcheting mechanism & bit holder.

Not every company is perfect but you should always hold them accountable when warranted.

I ordered stuff during Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals last year, for Christmas, and they did not arrive until after Christmas. My advice is not to count on it arriving in time. Just let the person know the gift (if that is what you are doing) is delayed a bit because of customs.

2 hours ago, tekteq said:

most companies with any semblance of operations management knowledge knows to prep with their distribution partners for the holiday season. I'd understand if this is LTT's first go at a holiday rush but that's not the case.

I think you misunderstand the relationship.

Whatever carrier they use (UPS. FedEx, Canada Post, etc.) is already operating at capacity during the holiday season. LTT isn't the only client they're servicing, and if they asked them to "do better", they'd either reiterate that fact or tell them to find another provider. LTT has zero leverage over them, especially when the demand for their service is so high already.

What it boils down to is that this IS NOT the time of year to be expecting timely deliveries. People need to plan and order in advance.

Parasoshill

adjective

On 12/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, WildDagwood said:

Whatever carrier they use (UPS. FedEx, Canada Post, etc.) is already operating at capacity during the holiday season. LTT isn't the only client they're servicing, and if they asked them to "do better", they'd either reiterate that fact or tell them to find another provider. LTT has zero leverage over them, especially when the demand for their service is so high already.

I’m not asking them to tell their carriers to “do better”, I’m asking LTT to be more honest in their shipping time estimates and make it clear that things won’t arrive on time instead of a vague delay suggestion to encourage as many orders as possible. The carrier capacity issue isn’t even that valid considering it’s not the carrier that is delayed it’s whatever distribution partner LTT is partnering with. Just to give an example, I ordered a pair of jeans from another Canada based company, Tate+Yoko that had a custom hemming request a week before my LTT order. They managed to both tailor my jeans AND get them delivered to me last week. Meanwhile my LTT screwdriver has had a tracking number attached to it with the carrier waiting for the product for about a week now. I wouldn’t fault LTT if it was stuck in transit but I will fault LTT if it takes them a month to actually ship something they claim to be in stock.