Windows Insider Program Unenroll Issues / 23H2 Forced Insider Update

Dartix

So I've been in the Beta Channel for the Insider Program and I've been queued for unenrollment for over a year now and I've just had to do an update "Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2915 (ni_release)" and after doing this update it seems windows has update to 23H2.

I don't understand why or how it could've jumped from 22H2 right to 23H2 when I've been waiting to be unenrolled for ages.

After going to Settings > System > About

It shows the Version is "23H2"

I have attempted to use a restore point to go back to 22H2 which does work but as soon as I go into the Windows Update it gives me the same Insider Preview and puts me back to 23H2 without unenrolling me.

I am a professional esports player and music artist I require the most stable and optimized system possible for gaming and i think being in the Beta Channel of the Insider Program could end up resulting in worse performance so ever since I joined the program, which was to get Windows 11 early I've been waiting to be unenrolled but it nevee actually does it, it just seems to update to the newest version of Windows anyways even though I want to unenroll.

So I'm looking for some help and advice on this, what should I do?

Installing a fresh copy of Windows would mean I would lose all my installed games, applications and most importantly all my current music projects.

So honestly I just have no idea what I should do, all I want is to be out of the Insider program and to be able to be back on stable updates so I can have the best performing and most reliable system possible.

1 hour ago, Rosiak said:

I don't understand why or how it could've jumped from 22H2 right to 23H2 when I've been waiting to be unenrolled for ages.

23H2 is the current retail release as of the end of October.

Also Windows Updates are weird these days,  the actual features are often already installed prior to the version number incrementing.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7