how do i max out my gaming laptop (Lenovo ideapad gaming 3 rtx 3050 r5 5600h model)

Since im building a pc after about 4 months, and while im waiting i might as well max out my laptop. i'm trying to overclock, especially my laptop monitor as its 60hz. electricity isnt a concern for me, also i have a laptop cooler pad. so, where can i get started in overclocking?

5 minutes ago, BingusGingus said:

Since im building a pc after about 4 months, and while im waiting i might as well max out my laptop. i'm trying to overclock, especially my laptop monitor as its 60hz. electricity isnt a concern for me, also i have a laptop cooler pad. so, where can i get started in overclocking?

Well, first lets start with your laptop monitor. You will need some custom program to overclock your laptop monitor. Some software includes Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) and Overclocking Monitor Driver (OMD). You can download these tools from their respective websites.

Overclocking: After you have installed the tools, you can start overclocking your laptop monitor. The process may vary depending on the tool you are using, but generally, you will need to add a custom resolution with a higher refresh rate than the default 60Hz. You can then test the new refresh rate to ensure that it is stable and does not cause any issues.

Monitor Temperature: Overclocking can cause your laptop monitor to heat up, which can lead to performance issues or even damage your monitor. To prevent this, make sure that your laptop is properly ventilated and consider using a laptop cooler pad to help dissipate heat. If the back of the screen, lid feels too hot or is uncomfortable, then it will eventually kill your screen if you continue to use it like that.

What else did you want to overclock?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

8 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

Well, first lets start with your laptop monitor. You will need some custom program to overclock your laptop monitor. Some software includes Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) and Overclocking Monitor Driver (OMD). You can download these tools from their respective websites.

Overclocking: After you have installed the tools, you can start overclocking your laptop monitor. The process may vary depending on the tool you are using, but generally, you will need to add a custom resolution with a higher refresh rate than the default 60Hz. You can then test the new refresh rate to ensure that it is stable and does not cause any issues.

Monitor Temperature: Overclocking can cause your laptop monitor to heat up, which can lead to performance issues or even damage your monitor. To prevent this, make sure that your laptop is properly ventilated and consider using a laptop cooler pad to help dissipate heat. If the back of the screen, lid feels too hot or is uncomfortable, then it will eventually kill your screen if you continue to use it like that.

What else did you want to overclock?

Thanks for your response. I have tried to overclock my monitor with CRU, but it produced some weird effects. any way to make them go away?

also i was hoping to overclock my CPU and GPU.