Problem with sleep mode

fade2black001

I put my system to sleep and after I woke it it acted like it was restarted instead. None of my programs that were opened were save to memory. Nothing was saved to memory for that matter and it loaded up like it was reset instead. What could cause this to happen. I never had a problem with it till now.

8 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I put my system to sleep and after I woke it it acted like it was restarted instead. None of my programs that were opened were save to memory. Nothing was saved to memory for that matter and it loaded up like it was reset instead. What could cause this to happen. I never had a problem with it till now.

PC specs?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

10 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I see you got AM5. If fast boot is disabled in bios, then disable it in windows as well. (its called fast startup in Windows)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

26 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I see you got AM5. If fast boot is disabled in bios, then disable it in windows as well. (its called fast startup in Windows)

How come all of a sudden it started doing it now though? I been putting my PC to sleep for months and this has never happened

2 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

How come all of a sudden it started doing it now though? I been putting my PC to sleep for months and this has never happened

Idk I dont have AM5, I'm just guessing here. Did you change something else in bios? What about overclock settings and or power states.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Idk I dont have AM5, I'm just guessing here. Did you change something else in bios? What about overclock settings and or power states.

No

1 minute ago, fade2black001 said:

No

Alright, test it out and see how it's doing. I can see from searching that sleep, might be an issue on AM5. An windows update could have triggered the error, even if it was fixed earlier. Might want to check for any chipset driver and BIOS updates. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright, test it out and see how it's doing. I can see from searching that sleep, might be an issue on AM5. An windows update could have triggered the error, even if it was fixed earlier. Might want to check for any chipset driver and BIOS updates. 

I just find it strange that it just now started to happen with no setting changes has been made nor any updates that have been done either that could cause this to happen

4 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I just find it strange that it just now started to happen with no setting changes has been made nor any updates that have been done either that could cause this to happen

Could've been a windows update. Small updates gets applied all the time. Windows recently deleted a part of my chipset driver, the PSP driver and that caused my PC to become very unstable. I simply checked if everything was up-to date while installing the newer version of the B550 driver and PSP was missing. You can try disabling EXPO in bios and run at auto to see if that changes anything for you.

FS in Denmark/EU:

12 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Could've been a windows update. Small updates gets applied all the time. Windows recently deleted a part of my chipset driver, the PSP driver and that caused my PC to become very unstable. I simply checked if everything was up-to date while installing the newer version of the B550 driver and PSP was missing. You can try disabling EXPO in bios and run at auto to see if that changes anything for you.

Windows updates gets applied without approval?

21 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Windows updates gets applied without approval?

Yes if automatic driver installation is enabled and windows update is set to auto

FS in Denmark/EU:

19 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes if automatic driver installation is enabled and windows update is set to auto

I don't have it set to auto and there hasn't been an update for a while either.

27 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I don't have it set to auto and there hasn't been an update for a while either.

Idk then, maybe try out the expo thing, update drivers, bios and so on.

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Idk then, maybe try out the expo thing, update drivers, bios and so on.

If it keep happening I might do that. I also have EXPO on

Just now, fade2black001 said:

If it keep happening I might do that. I also have EXPO on

Yeah I meant disabling expo

FS in Denmark/EU: