Monitor Does Not Boot Windows 10 (I think) After Changing Resolution

JbMarilen
Go to solution Solved by abcdefghivjklmnop,

Try running both monitors at that small resolution, then experiment with drivers and the amd/nvidia setting which involve resolution, also I had kind of a similiar problem and what fixed it was turning on one monitor after the other when booting.

1. I changed my monitor's resolution and it gave me a black screen. I rebooted and still gave me a black screen. I was then given the Troubleshoot/Reset this PC choice to where I find out that Safe Mode makes me access my desktop. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm stumped

2. I have 2 monitors and running low resolution video mode boots windows successfully. Only one monitor shows output and when I try to extend the displays, it gives me a black screens on both monitors. It does not display when both are being extended. It can only be one monitor at a time or duplicated screens for it to give me an output. I tried doing Ctrl Shift Win B in low resolution video mode but it gave me 2 black screens.

3. Windows knows that both my monitors exist at the same time but refuses to give an output to both at the same time.

Edited by JbMarilen
update

Try running both monitors at that small resolution, then experiment with drivers and the amd/nvidia setting which involve resolution, also I had kind of a similiar problem and what fixed it was turning on one monitor after the other when booting.

How do you know it's not booting?

Displays may not be compatible with the resolution you want to set.

Booting into safe mode lowers the resolution to 800x600 to ensure compatibility, so they come back to life.

Share your display models and where you want to connect them.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

2 hours ago, Yua said:

How do you know it's not booting?

Displays may not be compatible with the resolution you want to set.

Booting into safe mode lowers the resolution to 800x600 to ensure compatibility, so they come back to life.

Share your display models and where you want to connect them.

I assumed it was not booting at the first place because all it showed was black when I powered on my PC, but then I realised it does boot when I put it into safe mode, thus the "(I think)" in the title.

It sets one of my monitors to 800x600 and when I use one of the monitosr on their reccomended resolution, it works. But, if I try to use two monitors at the same time, it just displays black. 

3 hours ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

was turning on one monitor after the other when booting.

So, just simply keep one monitor on and turn on the other right after? Did you experiment with the driver's before hand?

On 12/12/2023 at 11:44 PM, JbMarilen said:

So, just simply keep one monitor on and turn on the other right after? Did you experiment with the driver's before hand?

yep