Verizon XLTE rolls out bringing DOUBLE the bandwidth

I'd rather see internet providers speed up their copper net works than this....... But every imporovement is good I guess (if it doesn't come with a hugh price tag...)

Copper is limited basically the max u will ever get with purely copper is 25mb down on my adsl i get 34ping 16mbps down and 800kbps up and the exchange is literally like right behind me on my 4G i get 23ping 30-40 down and 16-20 up if i was in your situation id be happy with 4G until they give u fibre im seriously considering upping my phone plan for unlimited 4G and getting rid of my adsl because its so shit.

Have a link? I'd like to see what it is talking about.

I mean I can take a antenna off of your router, pull the coils apart to a set distance and it will transmit LTE. That doesn't mean LTE is apart of the WIFI protocol. 

LTE and CMDA are ran off of completely separate cabinets in the equipment shelters, the only things they sometimes share are coax and antennas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

A new generation of cellular standards has appeared approximately every tenth year since 1G systems were introduced in 1981/1982. Each generation is characterized by new frequency bands, higher data rates and non–backward-compatible transmission technology. The first release of the 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard does not completely fulfill the ITU 4G requirements called IMT-Advanced. First release LTE is not backward-compatible with 3G, but is a pre-4G or 3.9G technology,[citation needed] however sometimes branded 4G by the service providers. Its evolution LTE Advanced is a 4G technology. WiMAX is another technology verging on or marketed as 4G.

LTE-A is a 4g technology, the LTE AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon uses are still a 3g technology. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think any carrier uses LTE-A

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

A new generation of cellular standards has appeared approximately every tenth year since 1G systems were introduced in 1981/1982. Each generation is characterized by new frequency bands, higher data rates and non–backward-compatible transmission technology. The first release of the 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard does not completely fulfill the ITU 4G requirements called IMT-Advanced. First release LTE is not backward-compatible with 3G, but is a pre-4G or 3.9G technology,[citation needed] however sometimes branded 4G by the service providers. Its evolution LTE Advanced is a 4G technology. WiMAX is another technology verging on or marketed as 4G.

LTE-A is a 4g technology, the LTE AT&T. Sprint, and Verizon uses are still a 3g technology. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think any carrier uses LTE-A

Ahhh I see what you are talking about, yes that is correct.

For some reason I thought you were trying to argue that it was a CDMA network, sorry about that... I feel kinda dumb now.  -_-