Why is everyone comparing arkham trilogy on switch to current gen consoles?

Dragonwinged

Everyone knows that the switch doesn't even come close to matching the capabilities of current-gen hardware, or even last gen hardware. So why is everyone making this comparison knowing full-well that ps5 and xbox s/x is going to blow the switch out of the water?

I'm looking for a better comparison. Namely, arkham trilogy on Steam Deck compared to Switch. And nobody's done it yet. Why not? Both are portable systems targeting more or less the same market. Even if the Steam Deck is more than double the price of Switch, it's still a far more valid comparison than a large console or top of the line gaming pc that can't leave the spot you set it up.

Ok, after all that, here's what I found. Steam deck can play Asylum and city at a locked 60 with high settings. knight you'll need to either lock it at 30 with high settings or low with inconsistent 60. It's still better than Switch.

I don't think it's about comparing to another system. It's about comparing the game to.... the game. Or what the game is supposed to be. And by most accounts, even in a bubble, if it never existed on another system, it would still get raked over the coals and have the same sentiment that it probably shouldn't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

One can compare it to original 360 or PS3 and Arkham Switch is still a poor release 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R