Latest (and fastest) OS to fully support a GeForce 8800GTS 512mb

Sanedish

Hi, i recently got an GeForce 8800GTS 512m from some old gpu lot, wich turned out to be fully functional. I can't get it to show up in task manager on windows 10 with anything I try, so I wondered if it's like with my radeon, that windows 10 just doesn't support it anymore... Maybe Linux/Ubuntu or windows 8. 1 support that gpu? I am planning to use it for modern games, wich  (besides all the other reasons to avoid it) is why I don't want to use windows xp or anything from that category. To be fair, the only games it will probably need to run are minecraft and roblox since it's gonna go in a shit build for either me or a friend of mine, soo... at the moment the best cpu for this is an athlon 64 x2 i have wich's supportive board has been send to the shadow relms though....

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

nvidia has a windows 10 driver for that thing, it's a 2016 version so it may be a bit odd with later releases of win10, but it's listed as whql at least...

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

nvidia has a windows 10 driver for that thing, it's a 2016 version so it may be a bit odd with later releases of win10, but it's listed as whql at least...

No, it wont show up in TA and underperforms like hell...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

1 minute ago, Sanedish said:

underperforms, tested in which way?

we're talking about a 17 year old GPU, anything modern you try to do on this is gonna be a strugglefest no matter which OS you squeeze in between.

2 hours ago, Sanedish said:

TA = ?

Showing up in task manager doesn't matter here, as the driver is older than the standard that allows it to show up in task manager.

In in 'modern' game the performance is probalby gonna be very bad