N/A

StoryVFX

Why is it showing N/A on those fans? Are they not being detected or ? I see they are spinning and shit in the case but why don't they show up here 

17015178794677621260717350922142.jpg

If they are 3 pin fans, you wont see anything because there is no sense wire.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, freeagent said:

If they are 3 pin fans, you wont see anything because there is no sense wire.

The sense wire is still there on a 3-pin fan. Not saying every fan is like that, but to claim 3-pin fans in general do not have a sense wire is incorrect.

https://landing.coolermaster.com/faq/3-pin-and-4-pin-fan-wire-diagrams/

@StoryVFX

Do you have your fans plugged into the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard? Or elsewhere?

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The readings correspond to specific motherboard fan headers. Do you have anything plugged into those fan headers?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The readings correspond to specific motherboard fan headers. Do you have anything plugged into those fan headers?

Ahh I understand, so I must connect each fan to those headers on the mobo in able to control them in the bios? That's a lot of cables lol

1 hour ago, StoryVFX said:

Ahh I understand, so I must connect each fan to those headers on the mobo in able to control them in the bios? That's a lot of cables lol

You can get Y-splitters(like your H100x uses) so they can be connected to a single header(for example, if they perform the same function and in the same location). 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 hours ago, StoryVFX said:

It's 1x cable per fan. If you want independent control for each fan, that's what I recommend.

If you use a splitter / hub, all fans connected to it will follow the same fan curve and report the fan rpm from 1x designated fan header on the splitter / hub.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What @WoodenMarker means is that headers with nothing connected show N/A.

If you're using headers that show N/A, which fans are attached, how many, and what is the rated amps?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂