Asus TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI + Intel 14700k

NinJake

This motherboard requires a BIOS update to work with the 14th gen Intel CPUs... is there anything specific or particular that needs to be done in order to get the BIOS updated? Or should I be able to download the BIOS update on a USB stick and update from there?

I do not have a 12 or 13th gen intel CPU on hand if that is necessary.

Thanks!

In most cases the system should still boot fine even if you're not on the BIOS with "official" 14th gen support, at least that's how its been for a number of people i've talked to. Just boot up into the BIOS and update it there. That board doesn't have Flashback so that you're only option.

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

the system should still boot fine even if you're not on the BIOS with "official" 14th gen support

Hopefully this is the case. I've never actually purchased a processor that is "newer" than the board I'm buying for it. Fingers crossed. This is to upgrade my work PC which is rocking an 8th gen at the moment.

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

In most cases

Fractal Design North arrived yesterday!

8 hours ago, NinJake said:

Hopefully this is the case. I've never actually purchased a processor that is "newer" than the board I'm buying for it. Fingers crossed. This is to upgrade my work PC which is rocking an 8th gen at the moment.

Fractal Design North arrived yesterday!

i'm in the same boat...
if you got any update please let me know
Thank you!

14 hours ago, lididx said:

i'm in the same boat...
if you got any update please let me know
Thank you!

All the parts have arrived and I'll most likely have some time to throw it together today. I'll post an update whether it worked out of the box or if it ends up requiring anything else.

38 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Update @lididx @GuiltySpark_

It boots to BIOS just fine with nothing else needed. It probably wouldn't hurt to do a BIOS update after everything is all set.

Thanks for the update
enjoy your new build 🙂

7 minutes ago, lididx said:

Thanks for the update
enjoy your new build 🙂

Thanks, this is for work! I'm lucky enough to be able to build my own machine every 4-5 years or so. 😄

On 11/29/2023 at 8:09 PM, NinJake said:

Thanks, this is for work! I'm lucky enough to be able to build my own machine every 4-5 years or so. 😄

So now im stuck

I update the bios it was like 1 min and stop

Then i build the computer and the vga light turn on and i cant see anything on the screen 

43 minutes ago, lididx said:

So now im stuck

I update the bios it was like 1 min and stop

Then i build the computer and the vga light turn on and i cant see anything on the screen 

I'm not too sure, I'd maybe clear CMOS and try booting again.

I have not updated the BIOS yet. I've barely had the time to do anything with it after building it. I'm just now installing some of the basic applications I need before I start transferring other data over to it.

@lididxAny update on this? I still haven't done a BIOS update on it, but I did just attempt to use the Overclock Feature of the Mobo and it was crashing upon startup. Reverted to safe mode and it's now booting fine. Going to try slowly upping some settings until I get everything working.

I'm going to hold off on BIOS updates until Asus pushes a new one most likely.

20 hours ago, NinJake said:

@lididxAny update on this? I still haven't done a BIOS update on it, but I did just attempt to use the Overclock Feature of the Mobo and it was crashing upon startup. Reverted to safe mode and it's now booting fine. Going to try slowly upping some settings until I get everything working.

I'm going to hold off on BIOS updates until Asus pushes a new one most likely.

I installed the wrong bios version
there is 2 Rev to my board and i used the wrong one
after installing the correct versions anything work perfec