Dell XPS 13 9310 Laptop Battery draining

Hey guys,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9310 from 2021 where the battery is draining incredibly fast considering the workload. We are talking a few chrome tabs and a word document (See attached image). Has anyone encountered this issue or has any tips? The dell software ranks the battery health as "good".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-11-28 101158.png

52 minutes ago, Brodo_Swwaggins said:

Hey guys,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9310 from 2021 where the battery is draining incredibly fast considering the workload. We are talking a few chrome tabs and a word document (See attached image). Has anyone encountered this issue or has any tips? The dell software ranks the battery health as "good".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-11-28 101158.png

Can you run powercfg /batteryreport in the terminal and attach the generated battery-report.html file? What power mode is it in? (the selection thing under power&battery in the settings) Are there any background tasks running such as search indexing? You can turn that off or just set it to take your power mode into consideration (if you have it in maximise battery, it won't index and suck up charge)

Check task manager and sort by CPU usage to see if you don't have unexpected things using lots of resources.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

Can you run powercfg /batteryreport in the terminal and attach the generated battery-report.html file? What power mode is it in? (the selection thing under power&battery in the settings) Are there any background tasks running such as search indexing? You can turn that off or just set it to take your power mode into consideration (if you have it in maximise battery, it won't index and suck up charge)

I'm running it in the best battery efficiency mode, going over my task manager I don't really have anything that seems to take up that much CPU power, however, my ram is an issue since I was an idiot and only went with 8gb...

battery-report.html

On 11/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, DreamCat04 said:

Here it is!

battery-report.html

19 hours ago, Brodo_Swwaggins said:

It says here that out of the design capacity of 51Wh, you only have 28Wh available, so a bit more than half of its original capacity. That might explain why it's draining much quicker. If possible, replace the battery. A new one is going to cost a bit, usually between 50 and 100$ and you'd have to open up your laptop. If your laptop's already open, you might as well upgrade the RAM on it (that is if it's not soldered). You can check if it's soldered or not by looking at the RAM graph and looking at the occupied slots. If there are more than 2, it's soldered and you can't upgrade it. If it says 1 out of 2 or 2 out of 2, you should be able to upgrade it if you want and/or need more.

Spoiler

You could also download more RAM (this is a joke 🙂 )

Edited by DreamCat04