System restarts multiple times.

Random Bee

Hi, I would just like to ask if you guys have had this issue / concern before?

I have recently upgraded my Memory / RAM to 32GB from 16GB, but I have different models but same brand.

2x 8GB HyperX Fury and 2x 8GB HyperX Fury Beast, with all sticks running at 3200mhz and all are DDR4.

Whenever I turn on my system from shut down / totally turned off state (with PSU turned off), it restarts 3x before it boots normally to Windows, sometimes it restarts up to 4x which will boot into Safe Mode then and forces me to boot into safe mode (by pressing F1) but the settings aren't reset to default and all I have to do is exit and then it boots normally.

Should I be concerned about this? I mean, I know this isn't normal, but is this harmful to any of the components inside the system?

Thank you in advance for those who will answer and share their insights! 

It is possible that the issue you're experiencing is due to mixing different models of RAM, even though they are from the same brand. Mixing RAM kits can sometimes lead to compatibility issues, causing system instability or unusual behavior like multiple restarts before booting

It is possible that the issue you're experiencing is due to mixing different models of RAM, even though they are from the same brand. Mixing RAM kits can sometimes lead to compatibility issues, causing system instability or unusual behavior like multiple restarts before booting

.While it may not necessarily be harmful to your components, it is not normal and could potentially cause issues in the long run. To address this problem, you can try the following steps:
  1. Update your BIOS to the latest version, as outdated BIOS can sometimes cause compatibility issues with RAM
  2. Check your motherboard's QVL (Qualified Vendor List) to see if the RAM modules you're using are officially supported
  3. Ensure that the RAM modules are seated properly in their respective slots.
  4. Test each RAM module individually to see if one of them is faulty
  5. If possible, use a matched set of RAM modules to ensure compatibility and stability.
If the issue persists, consider replacing the RAM modules with a matched set to ensure compatibility and stability in your system.

While it may not necessarily be harmful to your components, it is not normal and could potentially cause issues in the long run. To address this problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Update your BIOS to the latest version, as outdated BIOS can sometimes cause compatibility issues with RAM

2. Check your motherboard's QVL (Qualified Vendor List) to see if the RAM modules you're using are officially supported

3. Ensure that the RAM modules are seated properly in their respective slots.
  4. Test each RAM module individually to see if one of them is faulty

5. If possible, use a matched set of RAM modules to ensure compatibility and stability.

If the issue persists, consider replacing the RAM modules with a matched set to ensure compatibility and stability in your system.