Looking for a decent and cheap smart thermostat

Knocks

Hello everyone!

I was looking for a decent Smart Thermostat for a new hypotetical setup. Basically I'd like to set up a thermostat for each room and then manage everything via HomeAssistant.

The thermostat should be wall-mountable and preferabily 230V-powered. Since the goal is connecting it to HA (and since there is no existing configuration), my initial thought was to use a WiFi-based thermostat, but I'm open to suggestions regarding different protocols.

While looking around I managed to find this (https://www.amazon.it/Termostato-Intelligente-Programmabile-Cronotermostato-Touchscreen/dp/B0B8SDLTKC/) thermostat, but I'm not that sure about the quality. One advantage that thermostat has is that apparently it supports local communication, so no weird subscription-based APIs (f*ck you Legrand).

Someone also suggested the "Xiaomi Temperature And Humidity Monitor Pro", and even though it has NONE of the requirements I just specified, it might more or less fit the bill. I'm kinda scared about both the battery life and the BT range though.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Does each room have its own heater or zone for a central heating? If central heating, I'd recommend just getting wall mounted temp monitoring rather than thermostats that go back to HA.

Meross is not a terrible brand - somewhat well known in the automation space, especially Apple HomeKit where I spend most of my time. I have several of their smart outlets (indoor and outdoor) and they have been reliable. People seem to recommend the Meross garage door opener quite often these days since MyQ Chamberlain shut down their API access.

Do they need to be interactable, or do you just want them to track the temperature around the house?

Because if all you care about is the temperature, a couple of ESP32 dev boards with thermostats powered by a cellphone brick would be cheap, easy to integrate into HA, and expandable in the future if you want to add extra features like a hydrometer, IR blasters, etc.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back.