Question about fan in 750D?

legend8887

I didn't really think about this until I saw a lot of people doing it. Most people remove both hard drive cages and hang the hard drive cage off from the 5.25 bays. Then they add two more fans to the bottom for intake. Should I do that? Will it increase airflow and make for better temperatures?

It'll definitely give you better airflow and potentially better temperatures, but it's a matter of convenience. If you have more than an SSD or one HDD, I don't think it's worth the trouble. In my 750D, I removed the middle drive cage and put a single 120mm fans there, leaving one other cage. Unfiltered, bottom intake fans might also pull some random dust and junk into your case. 

I think a lot of people do it simply for aesthetics.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

It'll definitely give you better airflow and potentially better temperatures, but it's a matter of convenience. If you have more than an SSD or one HDD, I don't think it's worth the trouble. In my 750D, I removed the middle drive cage and put a single 120mm fans there, leaving one other cage. Unfiltered, bottom intake fans might also pull some random dust and junk into your case. 

I think a lot of people do it simply for aesthetics.

I will have one SSD and one HDD.

I will have one SSD and one HDD.

There are good back side mounts for SSDs. So, are you talking about screwing the HDD to the bottom of the drive cages directly? If you can even make that work, I'd want rubber grommets or something similar for vibration reduction. Like I said, you probably can do all these things, but it might not be the easiest or most convenient.

If all else fails, just try it out and see if you like it. It's only about 5 minutes of moving some screws around to replace. 

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ