Keyboard for Gaming and Work

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong location or if I did not include a required tag.

I'm looking for a gaming keyboard that is also good for work. I do a lot of typing, and I like my current keyboard (Logitech G413 Carbon), but it has started to double-type, skip letters, and some keys would literally just fall off the keyboard randomly. I would like some recommendations for a mechanical keyboard that won't cause these issues after a year or two of purchasing it. Ideally, I also prefer quiet mechanical keyboards as I have people in my household, and I don't want to be obnoxious. Oh, and I also really like my full-size keyboard with a numpad as I use it a lot for work.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for the keyboard I should go for. I live in Ontario, Canada, and my budget is around $100-150 CAD.

So, to summarize:

Budget: $100-150 CAD

Region: Ontario, Canada

Layout: US ANSI

Size: Full Sized Keyboard

Connectivity: Wired and Wireless is both fine.

1 minute ago, Ameer Al-Turaihi said:

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong location or if I did not include a required tag.

I'm looking for a gaming keyboard that is also good for work. I do a lot of typing, and I like my current keyboard (Logitech G413 Carbon), but it has started to double-type, skip letters, and some keys would literally just fall off the keyboard randomly. I would like some recommendations for a mechanical keyboard that won't cause these issues after a year or two of purchasing it. Ideally, I also prefer quiet mechanical keyboards as I have people in my household, and I don't want to be obnoxious. Oh, and I also really like my full-size keyboard with a numpad as I use it a lot for work.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for the keyboard I should go for. I live in Ontario, Canada, and my budget is around $100-150 CAD.

I've been a fan of the Cherry MX pinks that came with my WASD keyboards custom keyboard, though that's outside the realm of $100-150 CAD.

I'd look at Cherry MX pinks or browns for somewhat silent but fast mechanical switches. Finding basic keyboards with those switches in 2023 isn't easy though which is what forced me to end up spending a decent amount to get what I actually wanted.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

For more quite sound keyboard with silent switches like Cherry MX silent red.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 11/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, theAmeer said:

I would like some recommendations for a mechanical keyboard that won't cause these issues after a year or two of purchasing it. Ideally, I also prefer quiet mechanical keyboards as I have people in my household, and I don't want to be obnoxious. Oh, and I also really like my full-size keyboard with a numpad as I use it a lot for work.

Could have a look at the Keychron V6. Full-size and hotswap, meaning that whenever a switch goes bad, you can just replace it. Also means you are not tied to one type of switches and can try various regular and silent switches. Apparently it is currently 100 CAD fully built.

42 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Could have a look at the Keychron V6. Full-size and hotswap, meaning that whenever a switch goes bad, you can just replace it. Also means you are not tied to one type of switches and can try various regular and silent switches. Apparently it is currently 100 CAD fully built.

Thanks! I was looking into this keyboard earlier today. I also found the K10 Pro to be very similar. I'm not sure if there are any differences between those two yet, but I might just see which one is available and order it.

10 hours ago, theAmeer said:

Thanks! I was looking into this keyboard earlier today. I also found the K10 Pro to be very similar. I'm not sure if there are any differences between those two yet, but I might just see which one is available and order it.

From what I can tell, the main difference is that the K10 Pro has the BT module of the K10, while the rest appears to be from the V6. Not sure though, and while I do have a V6 and a K10, I don't own a K10 pro, ironically.