What case I should buy?

Rafael_BR

Hello guys, greetings from Brazil!!  

I'm new here and need some help.. Could you help me?

I'd like to know what Case will fit best the Hardware below (for my new gaming PC)?

Here's the specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA 1150

Cooling: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Thank you!

I have a question before I reccomend a case, have you already bought all these parts?

Diamond 5 in League :)

that psu is enough for 2 780's why so big?
also I love my H440. but the fractial design r4 is good and the 450d 

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

I have a question before I reccomend a case, have you already bought all these parts?

Not yet! I'll buy in July on my trip to USA! But I don't want to change the hardware anymore..

that psu is enough for 2 780's why so big?

also I love my H440. but the fractial design r4 is good and the 450d 

Because I pretend to Overclock the i7 to 4.8MHz. 

Is it a bad option?

Not yet! I'll buy in July on my trip to USA!

Is it a bad option?

I'd like to edit your build to a beter gaming build, considering this build is more oriented to people who video edit as a job, rather than a gaming build, so, I'll save you money :D

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3-1600 Memory

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE/Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE

PSU: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

the 16gb of ram won't be utilized for gaming, the 4gb of 770 is kind of useless most of the time, so I reccomend a 2gb version or a 780 3GB for the similar pricing as the 4gb costed., lastly, I would like to say that the 4770k has hyperthreading which you won't need, so a 4670k is a better choice for a bout $100usd cheaper.@Rafael_BR

I'd like to edit your build to a beter gaming build, considering this build is more oriented to people who video edit as a job, rather than a gaming build, so, I'll save you money :D

Well, my first intentions are to play games but I don't know what I could use more. And part of my job is to edit videos, but I rather Final Cut Pro X than other video editors, so I use my MacBook Pro early 2011 as well.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3-1600 Memory

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE/Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE

PSU: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

the 16gb of ram won't be utilized for gaming, the 4gb of 770 is kind of useless most of the time, so I reccomend a 2gb version or a 780 3GB for the similar pricing as the 4gb costed., lastly, I would like to say that the 4770k has hyperthreading which you won't need, so a 4670k is a better choice for a bout $100usd cheaper.@Rafael_BR

To tell the truth, I wanna play Flight Simulator X (+addons) or/and X-Plane 10 with 40/50 fps average. Do you think the configuration I built isn't good or it's about saving money only?

Not yet! I'll buy in July on my trip to USA! But I don't want to change the hardware anymore..

Is it a bad option?

man, even a 5ghz over clock on a extreme edition i7 and a 770 wouldn't need 850. you could get away with 600 watts. a good seasonic 600-750 watt is enough to have headroom

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

man, even a 5ghz over clock on a extreme edition i7 and a 770 wouldn't need 850. you could get away with 600 watts. a good seasonic 600-750 watt is enough to have headroom

Nice! Thanks man!

What do you think about these two PSU options? @Ryan_Stein?

EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

What do you think about these two PSU options? @Ryan_Stein?

EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply.

MY build was for saving tons of money and possibly using the money on something else like more monitors or a second GPU with that saved money.

And it will have about equivalent performance to what your original one was.

MY build was for saving tons of money and possibly using the money on something else like more monitors or a second GPU with that saved money.

And it will have about equivalent performance to what your original one was.

Got it! thanks

Well, my first intentions are to play games but I don't know what I could use more. And part of my job is to edit videos, but I rather Final Cut Pro X than other video editors, so I use my MacBook Pro early 2011 as well.

To tell the truth, I wanna play Flight Simulator X (+addons) or/and X-Plane 10 with 40/50 fps average. Do you think the configuration I built isn't good or it's about saving money only?

Good job you brought this up FSX with all add ons is one heck of a graphics cruncher and most gamers or pc tech people don't test a system with it unless they are flight sim people.

I would get as much and as fast onboard graphics card ram as you can afford and nothing wrong with 16gig of system ram nowadays its the norm and will futureproof it when doing high end work / applications.

for the CPU i am not valid to comment on the i5 or i7 as i don't own one. i switched to AMD about 6 years ago and all i know is they are good but cost more thats all, and some say for games go intel and other will say AMD for workstation, but AMD is going out of mainstream cpu's (as we know at time of writting this) hope they come out with AM4 haha.

so its basically "swings and roundabouts" (figure of speach) each to there own, i think if you get the top i5k you will be fine also to make sure you have haedroom you can never have too much processing POWER and so a good i7 will also be fine. 

A good Nvidia 780 or a AMD R9280x/290x will also do the job, you have to get what you can afford and match everything up so it all works in harmony.

got to love Asus components

Good job you brought this up FSX with all add ons is one heck of a graphics cruncher and most gamers or pc tech people don't test a system with it unless they are flight sim people.

I would get as much and as fast onboard graphics card ram as you can afford and nothing wrong with 16gig of system ram nowadays its the norm and will futureproof it when doing high end work / applications.

for the CPU i am not valid to comment on the i5 or i7 as i don't own one. i switched to AMD about 6 years ago and all i know is they are good but cost more thats all, and some say for games go intel and other will say AMD for workstation, but AMD is going out of mainstream cpu's (as we know at time of writting this) hope they come out with AM4 haha.

so its basically "swings and roundabouts" (figure of speach) each to there own, i think if you get the top i5k you will be fine also to make sure you have haedroom you can never have too much processing POWER and so a good i7 will also be fine. 

A good Nvidia 780 or a AMD R9280x/290x will also do the job, you have to get what you can afford and match everything up so it all works in harmony.

@asusfan Thank you man!

Can't wait to start building my new gaming PC.

getting back to the main subject (case) well i assume you want ATX? and do you want a side window case?

do you have a colour scheme in mind?

dimentions, do you want something that is tall and thin (tower) or slightler less height and wider?

so so many cases out there you have to know what you want and everyone has different taste in things.

then you have to look into the cooling system this can make a difference to what case you go for.

good luck

got to love Asus components

Just so you know the gigabyte r9 290 is like $15 more than that 770 and performs MUCH better im not sure how much but i would say like 15%

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Just so you know the gigabyte r9 290 is like $15 more than that 770 and performs MUCH better im not sure how much but i would say like 15%

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB WINDFORCE - $398.63 (amazon)

Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE - $529.99 (newegg)

The difference is $131.36 not $15 man hahahaha.

But I saw the benchmarks and it's really better than GTX 770, thanks!

He's talking about the 290, not the 290x

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

He's talking about the 290, not the 290x

It's true, my bad @Totally-A-Hero hahahahahaha

But now I choose the Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE.. very very nice benchmarks!!

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB WINDFORCE - $398.63 (amazon)

Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE - $529.99 (newegg)

The difference is $131.36 not $15 man hahahaha.

But I saw the benchmarks and it's really better than GTX 770, thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929OC-4GD/dp/B00HS84DFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400868564&sr=8-1&ke   So what do you say to this?

Ahh sorry didnt seee your post above! Good choice i dont think that you will be dissapointed!

Ahh sorry didnt seee your post above! Good choice i dont think that you will be dissapointed!

Thanks man!

Any Corsair case

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Hello guys, greetings from Brazil!!  

I'm new here and need some help.. Could you help me?

I'd like to know what Case will fit best the Hardware below (for my new gaming PC)?

Here's the specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Thank you!

wait untill 4790k comes out and buy a Z97 board along with that

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

wait untill 4790k comes out and buy a Z97 board along with that

When will it be released?

I'll be travelling to USA soon.. I won't have time to wait!