Thermostat recommendations?

AndreiArgeanu

Couldn’t find an appropriate place to put this in.

I’m looking for a new thermostat, the one I currently have is kinda faulty and doesn’t have any features. It’s a dial on the wall, made by Honeywell. It’s wired so I’m assuming it’s a 230V thermostat that’s wired to the central heating.

So, ideally for this Black Friday I’m looking to buy a new one. It doesn’t need to be smart or have a separate wireless unit although a smart thermostat would be nice but however it does need to be programmable, so I should be able to set the temperature based on time of day, possibly even on the day of the week. 

I have looked at Nest, Tado, and Hive but 100£ is too much. I have seen a Meross model here for 47£ that seems to be adequate both in features and price.

If anyone is familiar with and can recommend some thermostats or give some thoughts on the one above I’d appreciate it.

230v so im guessing somewhere in EU but you can't be sure it's 230v without checking the plate on the thermostat or meassure the voltage. some themostats are 24v powered. plus you might have a sort of hub that the cable goes to. (see picture) (im an electrician in EU I do this a lot) if you have a hub it's necessary to get a thermostat with the same config as the old one.

1771_image.jpg

10 hours ago, FHK said:

230v so im guessing somewhere in EU but you can't be sure it's 230v without checking the plate on the thermostat or meassure the voltage. some themostats are 24v powered. plus you might have a sort of hub that the cable goes to. (see picture) (im an electrician in EU I do this a lot) if you have a hub it's necessary to get a thermostat with the same config as the old one.

1771_image.jpg

Edit: Took the thermostat off, there's a wiring diagram. It's a Honeywell ML15SB.  Works on 230V 50hz. Diagram below. It's a combi boiler and only has two sets of wires coming into it and thermostat has a one of those tiny neon lights that flickers now. I think it should work fine with an off the shelf thermostat. IMG_4211.thumb.jpeg.136719602ffed917a0f462f7ace82f56.jpeg

13 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Edit: Took the thermostat off, there's a wiring diagram. It's a Honeywell ML15SB.  Works on 230V 50hz. Diagram below. It's a combi boiler and only has two sets of wires coming into it and thermostat has a one of those tiny neon lights that flickers now. I think it should work fine with an off the shelf thermostat. IMG_4211.thumb.jpeg.136719602ffed917a0f462f7ace82f56.jpeg

Yes a new one simulere will do the trick

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 12:35 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

Couldn’t find an appropriate place to put this in.

I’m looking for a new thermostat, the one I currently have is kinda faulty and doesn’t have any features. It’s a dial on the wall, made by Honeywell. It’s wired so I’m assuming it’s a 230V thermostat that’s wired to the central heating.

So, ideally for this Black Friday I’m looking to buy a new one. It doesn’t need to be smart or have a separate wireless unit although a smart thermostat would be nice but however it does need to be programmable, so I should be able to set the temperature based on time of day, possibly even on the day of the week. 

I have looked at Nest, Tado, and Hive but 100£ is too much. I have seen a Meross model here for 47£ that seems to be adequate both in features and price.

If anyone is familiar with and can recommend some thermostats or give some thoughts on the one above I’d appreciate it.

Does your state/country have a rebate program for buying a thermostat?
I have two ecobee thermostats in my house. They were normally $200-$250 (don't remember) but energy saving rebate brought them down to palatable $60/ea.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 12/4/2023 at 5:57 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

Does your state/country have a rebate program for buying a thermostat?
I have two ecobee thermostats in my house. They were normally $200-$250 (don't remember) but energy saving rebate brought them down to palatable $60/ea.

I don't think so. But it's too late anyway. I've gotten the meross thermostat installed already and I'm satisfied with it. It works really well. Being able to see and control the temperature in my house from anywhere in the world is great. It was worth the 44£IMG_4248_converted.thumb.jpg.dea8e9a3dea14f815fd9354953d6f9de.jpg