Help me with robotic arm software

No name.

I built a 6-axis robotic arm but I don't know which software to use for it. Here is the designer's site http://thor.angel-lm.com/     I already installed the program for this robot but it is just for checking axes, I need something to tell the robot what to do and move all of its axes at the same time. I added pictures of the robot, the current program, and a program that I saw on YouTube making the robot but not explaining the program he used (it was the best blurry picture I got from his video)

photo_2023-09-30_16-21-58 (2).jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-21 081758.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 082314.png

I haven't tested this software myself, but it is decently well described on their website on how to move the arm using G-code, manually in a terminal

http://thor.angel-lm.com/documentation/firmware/

If you don't want to use raw G-code (understandably) it seems like Asgard can move all axis at the same time, you you change the articulations and hit "Go All". Ofc, the arduino has to be connected to Asgard to do this.

This assumes that you already got the firmware installed

Oh, and it could greatly help if you stated the youtube link to the person with the software you seem to want to use.

4 hours ago, Mortenrb said:

I haven't tested this software myself, but it is decently well described on their website on how to move the arm using G-code, manually in a terminal

http://thor.angel-lm.com/documentation/firmware/

If you don't want to use raw G-code (understandably) it seems like Asgard can move all axis at the same time, you you change the articulations and hit "Go All". Ofc, the arduino has to be connected to Asgard to do this.

This assumes that you already got the firmware installed

Oh, and it could greatly help if you stated the youtube link to the person with the software you seem to want to use.

The prolem is I need a program to save settings and command the robot in the right time. Like making the robot able to pick up a 3D printed object from the bed of 3D printer. With asgard we cant achieve the full potential of the robot. Here is the link to the video 

but he doesnt explain anything about the software he uses. And also it is not English

• 3 weeks later...

ARDUINO…

Arduino… says it on there

What is it you want help with? The persistence? The soldering or wiring?
The automated programming of the servo motors?

here’s basically a cheaper equivalent tutorial, uses the same IDE to program the boards but

the code and the library and the boards are different have different mappings and will not work if you try to use the wrong things (you could also possibly brick a board by doing that etc)

but the concept principle and idea are the same.

moving 6 motors at the same time might not be possible due to restraints of power supply and danger in “surging”

if all you’re after is a serial command line… depends where you want to be controlling it from?

To send $parameter=value

in a bunch, effectively

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 6:47 PM, Koolholio said:

ARDUINO…

Arduino… says it on there

What is it you want help with? The persistence? The soldering or wiring?
The automated programming of the servo motors?

here’s basically a cheaper equivalent tutorial, uses the same IDE to program the boards but

the code and the library and the boards are different have different mappings and will not work if you try to use the wrong things (you could also possibly brick a board by doing that etc)

but the concept principle and idea are the same.

moving 6 motors at the same time might not be possible due to restraints of power supply and danger in “surging”

if all you’re after is a serial command line… depends where you want to be controlling it from?

To send $parameter=value

in a bunch, effectively

What I would like to do is to have a program to run the robot by itself. Like giving a command at a specific time or being triggered by other things such as recognizing My 3D print's end time and picking the part at the right time. With Asgard I have to do it manually which is nonsense because I want to automate something.