Soundbar recommendation 2023

Aristos

Hi all,

I have an LG 55" OLED B9S 4K TV and I'm looking for a soundbar to pair with it.

My first consideration is getting a Sonos system, perhaps initially a Sonos Arc paired with a sub (gen 3) which I can find around EUR 1300-1500 with the current black friday deals, with the potential of expanding it later on with some rear speakers as well. Ultimately this will cost around EUR 2000.

My second consideration is the Samsung HW-Q990c, which is more of a complete system with a soundbar, sub and two rears, which I can find around EUR 1000 total.

Out of the two above, is the Sonos system worth the extra money, or am I better off going with the Samsung one? I also read that Samsung soundbars tend to be a bit finicky with other brands of TVs, so taking that into consideration as well.

Thanks all!

I only consider Sony or LG. As far as I read posts, Sonos is an absolute headache with their closed off echo system and at a whim they can hold your devices hostage with a single update disabling functionality when the device is too old.

Samsung scammed me with their discount by after buying their products them deciding they actually no longer feel like sending my trade in value back so I can't ever recommend another Samsung as I can't guarantee they won't decide to change their mind during any discounts or sales to you as well.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

To be blunt soundbars are pretty mediocre at any price point, i'd go to a hi-fi retailer and demo tower speakers/ bookshelves if your room isn't very large. You can pick up competent speakers and an amplifier to run them off for around 1k usd that will crush any soundbar setup