Im totally baffled here

Mikaeel

So i bought a first pc build, i bought this case kolink Quantum, i was trying to Hook The 1 fan that came with The case there was only 1 wire coming from it thats wierd cause The manufacter pictures show 2. But yea The 1 wire comes from The fan itself and from Power Button side and they link up Male and female connectors and then Theres now 1 Male connector and 1 sata connector like on The picture. I put that sata on psu and got The leds working but there IS no spot for The Male connector and i think thats just for multi fan connecting. But If i take that fan cable off from from The bottom i get The female connector which i could moung Tl motherboard but i cant cause its way too short. I dont know what to do im not Good with These things. Lmao sorry for Bad text im not English.

image-6.png

The lone  male 4pin connector is to be plugged to a fan header on the board or a fan hub, look at where the other one "?"  is going /coming from

The SATA is a ...SATA, not RGB so there should be a fan hub somewhere

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Yea no fan hub on Back panel or anywhete and case didn't come with anything IT doesnt say IT has a fan hub The other cable just goes to front leds i would say.

The SATA plug you labeled a RGB in the photo is, as indicated, for power.  What is it connected to?

The male that comes off the female is for attaching another fan (daisy-chaining). The female should be plugged into a repeater/ node/ hub/ fan controller, or the fan header of your mobo. Or, just use a PWM extension cable. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Yea like If i take that thing off from eachother The leds dont work anymore and The cable isnt long enough to reach The motherboard

28 minutes ago, Mikaeel said:

Yea like If i take that thing off from eachother The leds dont work anymore and The cable isnt long enough to reach The motherboard

What does the SATA cable connect to??

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

can we get a pic of where the 2  " ?  " wires connect?

Left one should go to a fan. The right one may go to the same fan to power the LEDs. What's your guess?

52 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Left one should go to a fan. The right one may go to the same fan to power the LEDs. What's your guess?

the  * fan ? * mark side is on the same side as the  Jst soo  might be some RGB going on there

*fan cable goes to fan and The other one goes towards The powerbutton If there would Be a fan hub that sata cable would Power IT up but now IT just powers leds on The fan, i dont know how to explain feels like i got scammed heres. Manufacter picture of The fan cable IT shows 2 cables coming out of The fan mine only has 1 coming out of IT and this is The Male connector end thats a thing to add More fans.

Screenshot_20231116-141200.png

Snapchat-1943339710.jpg

2 hours ago, Mikaeel said:

*fan cable goes to fan and The other one goes towards The powerbutton If there would Be a fan hub that sata cable would Power IT up but now IT just powers leds on The fan, i dont know how to explain feels like i got scammed heres. Manufacter picture of The fan cable IT shows 2 cables coming out of The fan mine only has 1 coming out of IT and this is The Male connector end thats a thing to add More fans.

Screenshot_20231116-141200.png

Yeah, I see two cables there, very clearly, so it looks like they swapped in a different fan. I'd complain to the vendor.

What do you mean "goes towards The powerbutton"? Can't you see where it terminates? Are you able to remove the back (right) case panel?

When I looked at the previous photo before, I was on my phone and couldn't see the nubs on the side of the male connector - @NorKriscorrectly pointed out that's JST. That suggests that there SHOULD be a hub and, if you CAN find where that power cable goes, you SHOULD find a hub, which may just be a PCB, there. The fact that it's JST suggests that Kris is also correct that the lights AND fan are being powered by that one male JST connector. That makes this a DC fan, most likely, where the power is shared between the fan and LEDs. You'll have no control at all over those LEDs unless you splice in a controller.

The SATA cable probably powers a hub so you can connect multiple fans, although that isn't going to necessarily help you control the LEDs.

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Yeah, I see two cables there, very clearly, so it looks like they swapped in a different fan. I'd complain to the vendor.

What do you mean "goes towards The powerbutton"? Can't you see where it terminates? Are you able to remove the back (right) case panel?

When I looked at the previous photo before, I was on my phone and couldn't see the nubs on the side of the male connector - @NorKriscorrectly pointed out that's JST. That suggests that there SHOULD be a hub and, if you CAN find where that power cable goes, you SHOULD find a hub, which may just be a PCB, there. The fact that it's JST suggests that Kris is also correct that the lights AND fan are being powered by that one male JST connector. That makes this a DC fan, most likely, where the power is shared between the fan and LEDs. You'll have no control at all over those LEDs unless you splice in a controller.

The SATA cable probably powers a hub so you can connect multiple fans, although that isn't going to necessarily help you control the LEDs.

Yea but If i have connected The Sata cable shouldnt The fans spin If IT connect The hub? I really dont care about The leds and what i mean about Power Button IS on The picture i cant see any hubs also thats The only fan on The case. I dont know should buy a popular case and not Be. Cheap about IT.....

5b1fe68b-1be7-4a47-8af5-68cc328976d7.jpg

4 hours ago, Mikaeel said:

Yea but If i have connected The Sata cable shouldnt The fans spin If IT connect The hub? I really dont care about The leds and what i mean about Power Button IS on The picture i cant see any hubs also thats The only fan on The case. I dont know should buy a popular case and not Be. Cheap about IT.....

5b1fe68b-1be7-4a47-8af5-68cc328976d7.jpg

The SATA cable is probably to power a hub or the fan. If it's the fan, you can only use the SATA or the PWM. If it's the fan LEDs, the fan is powered by the PWM.

If there's a hub hidden in there, the fan should connect to it. Have you contacted the vendor about this?

Yea The vendot just Said " there should Be 2 cables" like yea so i need a extendet cable for that..

14 minutes ago, Mikaeel said:

Yea The vendot just Said " there should Be 2 cables" like yea so i need a extendet cable for that..

Tell the vendor to replace the fan since a daisy chain extension doesn't match what you saw in the photos, right?