Monitor lose signal when TV turns on?

Go to solution Solved by RamiroASandoval,
7 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

I don't know which model of 4060 you have but I encountered similar issues with older cards.

Even if the card has 4 display connectors on the back, it can only support a limited number of monitors plugged at the same time. If your card has 4 ports it may support only 3 monitors for example. Also, there may be shared ports like HDMI and Displayport 1 can't be used at the same time.

I suggest you have a look at your manual or reach the manufacturer to know what configurations are supported.

Have a nice day !

The model I have is the MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio. I read the specifications but there isn't something obvious that points to it. But thanks to your comment I suspect it is a bandwidth or interference issue. Monitor #1 was plugged very next to the HDMI port. I now have the very next port to the HDMI one empty and I haven't encountered issues so far. I will report back if something changes.

I have the following configuration:

Graphics Card: RTX 4080

1. Dell 24" S2417DG (Horizontal, 1440p at 144hz via DisplayPort)

2. Dell 24" P2419H (Vertical, 1080p at 60hz via DisplayPort)

I also have a TV plugged to the PC.

3. LG 55" C2 (Horizontal, 2160p at 120hz via HDMI 2.1)

The problem is that if I want to watch TV or something via streaming, as soon as I turn on the TV, the Monitor #1 loses signal. It's looks like a loop of getting some signal and then loses it making like a flickering effect. This makes incompatible to use the TV and the PC at the same time without having to disconnect TV.

I'm on Windows 11, and I have set the Monitor #1 and #2 to extend and TV #3 to disconnected.

Maybe someone has encountered a problem similar to this and can give me a hint of what's going on.

I don't know which model of 4060 you have but I encountered similar issues with older cards.

Even if the card has 4 display connectors on the back, it can only support a limited number of monitors plugged at the same time. If your card has 4 ports it may support only 3 monitors for example. Also, there may be shared ports like HDMI and Displayport 1 can't be used at the same time.

I suggest you have a look at your manual or reach the manufacturer to know what configurations are supported.

Have a nice day !

7 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Have a nice day !

The model I have is the MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio. I read the specifications but there isn't something obvious that points to it. But thanks to your comment I suspect it is a bandwidth or interference issue. Monitor #1 was plugged very next to the HDMI port. I now have the very next port to the HDMI one empty and I haven't encountered issues so far. I will report back if something changes.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this exact issue with my gigabyte 4080. I have the acer predator 165hz monitor connected via DP and the Samsung s90c via HDMI and as soon as i turn on my television my monitor goes into a no signal loop. Using different DP ports doesn't work and i feel like I've tried EVERYTHING!! PLEASE HELP!  😂

On 11/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, RamiroASandoval said:

I have the following configuration:

Graphics Card: RTX 4080

1. Dell 24" S2417DG (Horizontal, 1440p at 144hz via DisplayPort)

2. Dell 24" P2419H (Vertical, 1080p at 60hz via DisplayPort)

I also have a TV plugged to the PC.

3. LG 55" C2 (Horizontal, 2160p at 120hz via HDMI 2.1)

The problem is that if I want to watch TV or something via streaming, as soon as I turn on the TV, the Monitor #1 loses signal. It's looks like a loop of getting some signal and then loses it making like a flickering effect. This makes incompatible to use the TV and the PC at the same time without having to disconnect TV.

I'm on Windows 11, and I have set the Monitor #1 and #2 to extend and TV #3 to disconnected.

Maybe someone has encountered a problem similar to this and can give me a hint of what's going on.

I'm having this exact issue with my gigabyte 4080. I have the acer predator 165hz monitor connected via DP and the Samsung s90c via HDMI and as soon as i turn on my television my monitor goes into a no signal loop. Using different DP ports doesn't work and i feel like I've tried EVERYTHING!! PLEASE HELP! 😂