Discord Lags so much even with good pc specs

i have had this issue for years i thought at the start it was my pc (it was a bit weaker back then) then after upgrading my pc the issue still persisted idk what is the problem

i tried Turning on/off Hardware Accelration
i tried uninstalling and installing discord
i tried leaving big /usless servers ( i have still have a lot of servers it's just less did help a bit with the lag but not by a lot)

my PC specs

Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3070
Ram: 32GB ddr4 3600
M.2
Windows 10

15 minutes ago, ovxv said:

i have had this issue for years i thought at the start it was my pc (it was a bit weaker back then) then after upgrading my pc the issue still persisted idk what is the problem

i tried leaving big /usless servers ( i have still have a lot of servers it's just less did help a bit with the lag but not by a lot)

my PC specs

Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3070
Ram: 32GB ddr4 3600
M.2
Windows 10

Do you happen to know what your Internet connection speed is?

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Do you happen to know what your Internet connection speed is?

so it is 200mbps but some times it goes down to 100mbps but it isn't lag like internet connection but like the discord in it self freezes

5 hours ago, ovxv said:

so it is 200mbps but some times it goes down to 100mbps but it isn't lag like internet connection but like the discord in it self freezes

Uninstall and reinstall?

4 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Uninstall and reinstall?

already did here are the things i've tried 

11 hours ago, ovxv said:

Have you looked at task manager when that happens? And it's just Discord, nothing else? Such freezing sounds like memory leak (software bug) or issues with storage.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Have you looked at task manager when that happens? And it's just Discord, nothing else? Such freezing sounds like memory leak (software bug) or issues with storage.

the issue has been going on for so long i can't remember if i ever looked in task manager while it happened cuz it just happens (sometimes it happens due to a specific event like uploading a pic or something like that) but mostly i've noticed that my pc never maxes out on task manager and yes it is only discord nothing else

1 minute ago, ovxv said:

the issue has been going on for so long i can't remember if i ever looked in task manager while it happened cuz it just happens (sometimes it happens due to a specific event like uploading a pic or something like that) but mostly i've noticed that my pc never maxes out on task manager and yes it is only discord nothing else

If it happens only when you are having heavy upload like uploading a picture, then it's network related. But hard to say whether it's your end or theirs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If it happens only when you are having heavy upload like uploading a picture, then it's network related. But hard to say whether it's your end or theirs.

ye but it's not the only time it happens it also happens when nothing is happening and what makes me thing it's not network related is the entire discord app freezes

• 2 weeks later...

to anyone seeing this thread with the same issue and is running windows 10 for me upgrading to windows 11 improved a lot for me it could be that discord isn't as optmized for windows 10 with newer updates