On lookout for at new monitor

V3noe

I'm currently in the market for a new 1440p monitor to replace my existing 1080p VA panel. I've come across two options and I'm trying to decide which one would be better for gaming:

1. AOC 27" Gaming Monitor Q27G2S/EU (Priced at $330)
  2. ASUS 27" Curved Gaming Monitor TUF VG27WQ1B (Currently discounted to $266 from its original price of $430)

I've heard some concerns about VA panels not being ideal for gaming, even though I haven't noticed any issues with my current VA panel. My current setup includes an RTX 2060 Super and a Ryzen 7 2700X, but I plan to upgrade to an RTX 4070 and Ryzen 5 7600X around February. Therefore, I'm looking for a new monitor that can accommodate this upgraded hardware.

well i am kind of in the same boat as you. i have a 2070 super but currently have an i7 8700k going to ryzen 9 7950x3d. and looking for a new monitor too. honestly i would look for a 4k monitor as you can always turn down the resolution but you can not turn it up. but what is your budget for this? 

i am guessing you are using AUD?

some good options i would recommend would be:

Dell S2719DGF: 1440p ips with a 155hz refresh rate, color accuracy is meh.

AOC CQ32G1: 31 inches @1440p its not exactly ips but it has decent blacks good colour accuracy and is 144hz

and finally

LG 27GL850-B: obviously 27 inch ips @1440 144hz and it has quite food color accuracy

i hope you find this information useful! I'm not a professional though! so do your research and filter your options to your needs! :3

9 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well i am kind of in the same boat as you. i have a 2070 super but currently have an i7 8700k going to ryzen 9 7950x3d. and looking for a new monitor too. honestly i would look for a 4k monitor as you can always turn down the resolution but you can not turn it up. but what is your budget for this? 

I was considering a budget of around $360. I don't believe I'll invest in a 4K monitor, even though you can lower the resolution because I wouldn't use it 4K that much probably.

Have a look at this video:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.