Klipsch Overtime build

Remiagn

Hi Guys,

I recebtly bought a Denon x3800h, and two Klipsch rp-600m ii.

I want to extend my Setup over time with more speakers into a full Home Theater Setup with Atmos. The Thing is, I don't yet know what to get next or what my final Setup should Look Like (e.g. which Subwoofer to get, 1 larger or two smaller ...) 

I intend to stay with Klipsch RP lineup for a homogenouse Look.

I can Not wait for xour Input and I do Like to Not Spende too much but I am willing to save longer to get Something noticably better

How big is the room? Is it your own home or is it an apartment (neighbor factor)? Do you listen to more music or movies/TV shows? If it were me, this is the order I would go:

1) Subwoofer - I have the Klipsch R12SW. Got it for cheap from work (I was an AV tech). A little boomy at times, but if you dial back the volume a touch on the subwoofer it tames it pretty well. But one of these should fill any normal sized (ie: not gigantic) room with plenty of bass.

2) Center channel - No specific recommendation, whatever fits your budget. If you notice difficulty in clarity of dialog, you may want the center channel before the subwoofer.

3) Tower speakers - If you have the space, get some tower speakers to replace the RP-600's for your front speakers, move the RP-600's to your rears. Some of the Klipsch towers have built in Atmos up-firing speakers as well (like these). IMO two front Atmos speakers is all you really need. If you don't have the budget for the towers with built-in Atmos, just regular towers.

4) Atmos speakers - Klipsch has several types of these speaker-top Atmos speakers that sit on top of your existing speakers. Start with the fronts, then add the Atmos for the rears later if you want/need it.

5) Another set of towers - again, only if you have the space. But this set will become your rear speakers, and the RP-600's will become the 'surround back' speakers.

6) Additional subwoofer - only if you really love low-end or have a bigger than usual room. But if you get towers, a second sub will likely be completely unnecessary.

To make things easier, get 16/4 (16 gauge, 4 conductor) speaker wire to run to your front/rear speaker locations. Use the red/black pair for your main front or rear speakers. When you add the Atmos speakers, use the green/white pair for the Atmos. If you get towers with the built-in Atmos speakers, all the speaker connectors are down at the bottom. If you add the 'speaker-top' Atmos speakers later, you'll either need to splice in a short piece of 16/2 to make the jump up to the Atmos speaker, or leave the 16/4 long to reach the top of the tower.