Weird "Whine" noise coming from inside computer

DoodleDoo

Hello everyone, first time poster so I don't know if I've posted this right but I have been having a whining problem in my pc for a while now. I can specifically locate this sound in the pc even after opening it. There are no HDDs, CDs or other moving parts in the computer. I used a fan control software to see if each fan was making the noise and I did not make any breakthroughs. My final thought is that the PSU is the cause of the sound but I just wanted to confirm as there is no easy way to check myself. Any input is appreciated.

Specs:

Corsair 550w PSU

Ryzen 7 3700x

2080 super

16GB RAM

etc...

12 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

GHOSTS!!! 👻

Sounds to me like regular coil whine, it sounds like the whine happens while a fan starts to spin up, are you sure it's not from the GPU?

This, it's definitely haunted, call tech jesus 

or maybe it's just coil whine  

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Sounds more like a fan part touching something like a cable to me.

I hear sound revolving.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, DoodleDoo said:

Hello everyone, first time poster so I don't know if I've posted this right but I have been having a whining problem in my pc for a while now. I can specifically locate this sound in the pc even after opening it. There are no HDDs, CDs or other moving parts in the computer. I used a fan control software to see if each fan was making the noise and I did not make any breakthroughs. My final thought is that the PSU is the cause of the sound but I just wanted to confirm as there is no easy way to check myself. Any input is appreciated.

Specs:

Corsair 550w PSU

Ryzen 7 3700x

2080 super

16GB RAM

etc...

It's a rapter calling inside!

Open the side panel and check every fan. It sound like a fan's bearing is going out, or just rubbing on something when start/stopping

Hi all, thanks for all the fast replies. I'll double check the each of the fans tonight. I'm hoping to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

7 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

GHOSTS!!! 👻

Sounds to me like regular coil whine, it sounds like the whine happens while a fan starts to spin up, are you sure it's not from the GPU?

I've now checked each of the fans and it seems likely, to me that the root of the issue is the PSU fan. Ill try to give it a basic clean without killing myself

3 hours ago, DoodleDoo said:

to me that the root of the issue is the PSU fan

Remove the PSU from the PC and shake it to hear if there's rattling.

If yes, something broken inside, if not, idk.

19 hours ago, DoodleDoo said:

I've now checked each of the fans and it seems likely, to me that the root of the issue is the PSU fan. Ill try to give it a basic clean without killing myself

No need to open it, just use canned air or a eletic blower

This kind of noise most likely came from dying fan bearing (lube leaked out and wore down)