PC no work

Dilen futch

Friend gave me his PC the power supply is plugged in and everything however not getting any feedback at all, no light on the motherboard no fans nothing, I tried 3 PSU total and nothing what can I do and what am I doing wrong. Ps. Also tested the cable to the wall and it’s reading fine

40 minutes ago, Dilen futch said:

I tried 3 PSU total and nothing what can I do and what am I doing wrong

That is quite an extreme case and dedication

Just want to make sure, do you replace the cable attached to the PC parts that comes along with the PSU?

Because although the cable seems interchangeable for each brand, the connector within has their own standard

Which is why if you have tested 3 PSU in total, I would assume you would have done 3 PSU cable management as well

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

6 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Did you check if the power switch is good ? You can also short the power pins on the front panel connector to try booting without using the power switch.

Ya I didn’t check this but I got mad and pressed the power button and it turned on not sure what worked lol

7 hours ago, ImWilly said:

That is quite an extreme case and dedication

Just want to make sure, do you replace the cable attached to the PC parts that comes along with the PSU?

Because although the cable seems interchangeable for each brand, the connector within has their own standard

Which is why if you have tested 3 PSU in total, I would assume you would have done 3 PSU cable management as well

Ya 1 was modular and one wasn’t, but I got mad and pressed the power button and it turned on not sure what worked lol

32 minutes ago, Dilen futch said:

Ya 1 was modular and one wasn’t, but I got mad and pressed the power button and it turned on not sure what worked lol

Perhaps the power pins is a bit loose, but at least it worked now

Or, in anime logic, you got the power of friendship and frustration and it solve all impossible problems

giphy.gif

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

6 hours ago, Dilen futch said:

Ya I didn’t check this but I got mad and pressed the power button and it turned on not sure what worked lol

Probably a bit of dust or corrosion was preventing the switch from making contact. By pressing hard you cleared the contacts 🙂