cant boost all cores to their maxm freq

Shailesh Vats
Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,
55 minutes ago, Shailesh Vats said:

here are the screen shots

Things are looking better already. The CPU is no longer stuck running at its minimum speed. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196603/intel-core-i5-1035g1-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

Your first Task Manager screenshot was only showing 2 cores and 4 logical processors. The 1035G1 has 4 cores and 8 logical processors. That means you originally had half of your CPU disabled. ThrottleStop shows data for all 8 logical processors so everything is OK now.

For future reference, the msconfig Boot, Advanced options..., Number of processors box should never be checked. If you ever have this problem in the future, clear that box, press OK and reboot so Windows can find all of your CPU cores and threads.

image.png.18c3f23fd01086df0baa7b52ee137436.png

The top middle of the FIVR window shows that CPU voltage control has been Locked by the BIOS. This might limit maximum performance but it is nothing to worry about quite yet. 

In the TPL window clear the Disable Controls box. Change Long Power PL1 from 15 to 35.

Check the Speed Shift box. Use the suggested Min and Max values which are 4 and 36.

Below that set Power Limit 4 to a value of 0. That should disable this power limit. 

Everything else looks OK. On the main screen check the Log File box. Your computer does not have a Nvidia GPU. If you have a game that the Intel UHD GPU can run, try playing that game for about 15 minutes. When finished testing, exit the game and then exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. You can find this log file in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach a log file to your next post so I can see how your computer is running. 

If you do not have any games then perhaps try running something like Cinebench. If your computer has excellent cooling, you will be able to run it with the PL1 power limit set to 35W. If your computer is constantly thermal throttling, you will have to edit the PL1 power limit value down to 30W or 25W. Whatever your cooling system can handle.

No worries if your computer occasionally needs to thermal throttle a little. That will not hurt anything. The Intel default thermal throttling temperature is 100°C and HP has reduced that to 97°C so your CPU will always be extra safe. What you want to avoid is constant thermal throttling. If the log file shows TEMP, TEMP, TEMP in the far right column and this goes on for minutes at a time, it would be best to reduce your turbo power limits or find some other magic way to improve your CPU cooling. Opening up your laptop and blowing the dust out of the heatsinks and fan will make a big difference if this has not been done recently.  

Some HP laptops with the 1035G1 will automatically be limited to the 15W TDP limit during any long term test. A log file should show if your laptop has this forced power limit or not. 

How is your laptop running? With twice as many cores and threads that are not stuck at the minimum speed, it has to be running a lot better than it was compared to when you started this thread. 

I wanted to turbo boost my laptop( the first two pictures) just like the second laptop(third pic)

the processor is i5 1035G1 which is capable of going to 3.6ghz as stated on their official site but for some reason its locked and i cant seem to push it to its maximum core boost speed even at full load , its was pretty easy to do it in my second laptop just go to ms config and enable all cores but its not working at all in that i5 laptop( 1st two pics) is there any way?

( the laptop lags a lot even for a normal use scenario)

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 100642.png

35 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Disable bd prochot

nah it doesnt seem to do anything even in its full load, anything else i can try, is this the prob with windows and i should try it again after installing linux?

26 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Explanation: BD-PROCHOT is the mechanism that tells the processor to reduce its clockspeed if it gets too hot. This is crucial to prevent permanent and irreversible damage from overheating. Disabling it, while potentially useful in some niche scenarios, should never, ever be done under any normal-usage circumstance.

Ive disabled it always and never see any issues, both of the laptops i use i have it disabled

Its not the processor getting too hot but something else like the gpu or something, but sometimes it can also be a stupid malfunctioning sensor or a dell laptop thats retarded and triggers bd prochot for no reason atleast thats what ive read online

Besides at the <1v the things are running at, youd problably have to push them past 130c to see any real issue and theyll problably crash before even getting to 120c

Id totally like to do some high temp testing but internal sensors just shit themselves at high temp which is annoying

23 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

No, PROCHOT can absolutely be triggered by the processor reaching a certain temperature

If that was the case here then PROCHOT 97°C would be glowing red but it isnt

24 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

This means that, if you were operating a computer at 130 C instead of 80 C, you could expect it to last roughly 1/32nd as long.

Mere theory is useless without real world testing to back it up and real statistics alongside that cause 1/32nd of what? 20 years? 50 years?

And ive already fucked around with 105c on 1156 westmeres, id be alot more scared of running 1.5v at 105c than 1.2v at 105c (tjmax of 1156 westmere cpus) cause degradation is a mix of voltage and heat but instadeath exists so a cpus gonna die at 200c no matter what voltage and a cpu will die at 2.2v+ no matter what temperature. At 105c stock voltage is fine (~1.2v) but 1.5v definitely isnt

31 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Not to mention that temps even as "low" as 90 C can cause issues, and we have a few real-world examples to back this up. On Nvidia's RTX 3090, the fact that memory chips were stacked against both sides of the PCB so close to each other resulted in ~90-100 C memory temps during heavy use. While this was acceptable for most use cases, crashes and instability were reported when the memory temperature crawled past that, and conversely one could gain additional overclocking headroom by finding a way to decrease memory temperatures.

Thats just basic oc knowledge

The cooler the higher you can clock at the same voltage

Maybe i shouldnt have used issues as i was defining issues as degradation, crashing definitely counts as an issue even if theres no degradation happening at 1v 115c

As for another example of high tjmax at >1v look at the rx 6000 cards with their 110c tjmax

44 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

..yes, that is a good thing. Why do you think they would do that?

Bad engineering?

if i disable thermal limits id like to atleast see what temps im hitting and not just a static 97c on my i5 750 even if its hitting 110c or something

same goes for not being able to detect <0c temps

4 hours ago, Schnoz said:

NO NO NO, NO NO NO NO NO.

DO NOT TELL SOMEONE TO DISABLE BD-PROCHOT. ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Explanation: BD-PROCHOT is the mechanism that tells the processor to reduce its clockspeed if it gets too hot. This is crucial to prevent permanent and irreversible damage from overheating. Disabling it, while potentially useful in some niche scenarios, should never, ever be done under any normal-usage circumstance.

@Shailesh Vats Your issue is likely caused by a combination any or all of three factors:

• BIOS power limits: Not all CPUs of the same SKU necessarily have the same power limit. OEMs like Dell and HP can program the CPU of a specific model of laptop to hit a specific power target, and/or have a specific idle/boost behavior. Try updating your BIOS.
  • Windows 11 being screwy: This could very likely be one of many random quirks that Windows 11 has. Installing Windows 10 will almost certainly fix the issues you're experiencing right now. DM me and I can provide a legitimate Windows 10 ISO.
  • 4 hours ago, Schnoz said:
    • The laptop being unplugged or low on battery: Many modern laptops will intentionally reduce their performance/power target if the battery is low or if the laptop is unplugged, and they may still reduce their power draw while charging to avoid overheating and excessive strain on the charger. If you're using USB-C, a beefier charger may help. Otherwise, see if this issue still persists when the laptop charges to 100%.

Also, try restarting your laptop. That can help too.

yeh it might be the region as it started showing that 4/8 after it got charged to 50%, and i restarted it too

Also, try restarting your laptop. That can help too.

Laptop model - https://www.mombasacomputers.com/product/hp-240-g8-intel-core-i5-10th-gen-4gb-ram-1tb-hdd-14-inches-fhd-display/

Windows version - windows 10 22H2

I think it might be bios power limit as its a business laptop, idk how to update bios on this laptop and i wanted to go on linux instead of windows as i will be using this laptop only for programming stuff for college and nothing else, the task manager used to show 8 logical and 3 cores but after windows update it started showing  2 cores and 4 logical processors and WTF!!  it started again showing 4/8

its still on windows 10,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFTU3k1OzAo

this is the vid i watched to boost the old laptop( 3rd pic) and tried the same thing on this one but as uk it doesnt seem to work or i am missing something out

Screenshot (6).png

2 hours ago, Schnoz said:

The CPU would still reduce its clockspeeds at 97 C; just not necessarily below base clock. A modern CPU will gradually reduce its turbo speed as temperature increases, and then throttle below base clock if necessary. This is part of why you want to keep a processor cooler. A modern CPU at, say, 77 C, will certainly perform better than the same part operating at 97 C.

makes sense

Im kinda used to running at a static freq so if it works and doesnt throttle then 60 vs 105c no diff in performance

Arrhenius equation: K = A * e-R * T

This is a commonly accepted and widely validated equation in chemistry, and given that we are talking about a similar principle with electromigration (giving atoms a high enough energy that they get kicked around inside the die), we can apply that here, or at least a very similar principle.

Similar =/= same

But this is something to be tested on the silicon itself and i still need money to do more whacky shit like bios modding a card to remove temp limits entirely and see what temp it dies at

Im guessing this also takes voltage into account? Cause 1v at 115c aint gonna degrade much but 1.5v at 115c probs gonna degrade in a day

...what's your point here? All I'm saying here is that, if you run a part hotter, it will very likely die sooner

Degradation is the correct term as you cant really kill a cpu with just prolonged degradation, just make it effectively dead (like itll only run 2ghz at 1.6v kind of effecively dead)

killing silicon or atleast the stuff in cpus and gpus just takes sheer voltage (2.2v+) and/or heat (200c+)

not sure about rams as some ddr4 like rev e or bdie can run at well over 2v and ive pushed my samsung f die to 2.6v on my x58a ud3r and it still runs fine hence the clarification

Yes. Silicon also has a cool property whee it draws less power at a specific frequency the cooler it runs, which is part of the reason why some people overclock with LN2.

Found that out in the 6.9ghz cpu video hence why id like to run cascade phase or a phase system that uses the joule thomson effect for some very low temps for daily and i deem any phase system that goes above ambient a failiure

Ofc still higher power draw but hey you can run near 7ghz allcore depending on cpu and you can say you have a closed loop liquid nitrogen cooler

honestly considering ditching even finishing my ghetto loop (just needs a block) and just go and buy a used ac unit and make a cpu block for it

That's a different case. Not only are those cards fabricated on a different process which is probably more conducive to high-temperature operation, but also AMD did a LOT of validation to make sure the cards would work correctly long-term at that temperature. They did their due diligence. A random forum user telling someone to "disable PROCHOT" did not.

Also, I can certainly guarantee you that those cards will last longer the cooler they run. BGA cracking is a thing, and materials engineering just doesn't advance as fast as silicon in many cases.

Fair enough

Bga cracking just reflow it, as long as you follow a reflow curve you should be fine

And the heat can also spread to the vrms and vram so youll problably be having other issues at that temp

Both of these are examples of out-of-spec operation that the silicon wasn't designed for. If the temperature sensors weren't designed to operate outside a certain temp. range for extended periods of time, what makes you think that the rest of the silicon was engineered to do so?

I mean its just a temp sensor

Why tf can new ryzens detect subzero temps and not intels?

I'm pretty sure @da na would have a stroke if she saw what you were doing.

Shed have a stroke regardless of what i do since everything i do is experiment which means not following retards with their baseless 1.35v vtt or 0.5v diff between vtt vdimm and running my chips the way theyre supposed to be ran aka doing some testing to find proper safe limits prefferably with a dummy chip first and not your golden chip

Instead of the 3200mhz uncore everyone else gets i run at 3800-4200 cause i can simply push vtt to ~1.5v which isnt even near the 1.6v ish id consider a safe max for daily nor the 1.7v id consider borderline

Or maybe for x58 and other ddr3 platforms in general instead of following some arbitrary garbage 1.65v or 1.57v or 1.8v or whatever or not ImC dEgRAdEs again with no fucking proof behind those claims i run as much as i actually need which usually isnt that much anyways since i prefer to run loose CL/TCWL as that timing doesnt do shit for performance anyways but for meh ics like cfr i need 2.1v to run at 2800c11 stable then ill run that instead of limiting myself to some arbitrary ass 1.65v and being stuck at a slow 2200c11 or something like that

I mean i am an experimenter and i like to do trial by fire instead of following reccomendations that have no evidence that back them so id be the last person youd look at if you are looking for conservative oc crippling reccomendations but id be the first if you are looking at doing proper ocs somewhat safely since i would have degraded some stuff by then to actually give some voltage reccomendations

and ironically aside from my p4 that i ran 1.85v through for a goofy 5.65ghz bios screenie i havent actually degraded anything, even if i constantly run my i7 930/950 at 1.6-1.7v vtt, the only thing ive managed to kill so far has been an i3 540 while trying to do goofy 5.2ghz bios screenies at 1.8v (confirmed as postcode shows 00) but it seems that 1156 chips are just somewhat fragile, i mean i also killed that degraded p4 but that was because i delided it and the die seems to have cracked (well i did delid it by putting it ontop of a candle)

8 hours ago, Schnoz said:

BD-PROCHOT is the mechanism that tells the processor to reduce its clock speed if it gets too hot.

That is not true. Someone that does not understand the difference between PROCHOT and BD PROCHOT should not be giving advice on this subject. A processor can still thermal throttle to protect itself against any damage whether BD PROCHOT is enabled or not. 

5 hours ago, Schnoz said:

The CPU would still reduce its clock speeds at 97 C; just not necessarily below base clock. A modern CPU will gradually reduce its turbo speed as temperature increases, and then throttle below base clock if necessary.

More misinformation. Do some testing. Intel CPUs continue to run at full speed while using maximum turbo boost. They do not throttle 1 MHz before reaching the thermal throttling temperature. Any throttling before an Intel CPU reaches the thermal throttling temperature is not thermal throttling. 

@Shailesh Vats

The Utilization data that the Task Manager graphs does not accurately track the CPU speed or what your CPU is doing. Do not bother posting Task Manager screenshots. Utilization is not the same as usage. It is also physically impossible for a 1035G1 to run at 0.19 GHz. 

Your first ThrottleStop screenshot shows that the reason for throttling is BD PROCHOT. This is a common problem with many laptops. Your CPU is idle and only running at 48°C. This is obviously not a temperature related problem. The only way to fix a BD PROCHOT throttling problem is to clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. BD PROCHOT throttling is almost always caused by a sensor that has gone bad. When this type of throttling first starts to happen it might be an intermittent problem. A broken sensor is never going to fix itself. Always run ThrottleStop and always leave the BD PROCHOT box clear.

Check the MMIO Lock box which is near the top right of the TPL window. This will disable the secondary MMIO turbo power limits. This one simple tweak was designed to significantly improve the performance of many laptops with 10th Gen G series CPUs.    

image.png.a97d728d667eca68cca173f9a07e6965.png

The FIVR window will show the default maximum turbo ratios. Most Intel non K series CPUs slow down as more cores become active. The 1035G1 can use the 36 multiplier when 1 or 2 cores are active but this automatically decreases to the 33 multiplier when all cores are active. These CPUs cannot use the 36 multiplier when all cores are active. There is no way to get beyond this Intel limitation. 

Disable Windows core isolation memory integrity. 

I will make some more suggestions about maximizing performance after you post screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows.  

This is exactly part of the testing the designers of your silicon did before it was released. Why would you spend money to kill a graphics card? Even old ones are useful as display outputs. I can get doing that to a bad card you found for free, but with a purchased card, you're literally just burning money.

Just for testing

I mean its like 40$ for a used polaris nowadays so ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

You can absolutely kill a CPU with prolonged degradation. This is how Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome worked in early-stepping Northood Pentium CPUs. When overclocked, the chips would run fine for a few months, get progressively worse requiring decreases in clockspeed, and then die entirely.

Also...you can kill CPUs and GPUs with temps far lower than 2.2V and 200 C.

Im talking about instadeath, hit that temp or set that voltage and the cpu instantly dies

Yes its possible as i demonstrated on that poor i3 540 (rip 2$) but 1156 seems to be somwhat fragile compared to its 1366 counterpart

3 hours ago, Schnoz said:

I don't get why you do this. Not only is this terrible for the RAM, you can't just crank the memory clock and loosen timings willy-nilly and expect good performance. There's a reason why people say memory overclocking is so complicated. You are not doing this right.

My oc methodology is to push freq to the max then start tightening the subtimings then primaries

Pushing freq to the max involves loosening primaries and running higher volts hence thats what ill do first as the other 2 depend on it, so ill keep cranking the freq and voltage till i hit either the ics limit or the imc/mobo limit, in that case i hit ic limit as even 2.4v wouldnt get the things stable at 3000 so stuck with 2.1v for 2800 since thats the highest i could get stable

From there its just tighten subs and lastly tighten primaries, i didnt do that for the cfrs on that particular oc but ive done it for 2000c9 ddr3 on 1156 at 1.8v cause i wanted to sell a bundle, itd totally run at 1.5v at c11 but marketing reasons and heat isnt really an issue at 2000 so i can crank the volts abit

Seriously though have you actually even oced ram yourself? Let alone did a proper oc without handicapping it with some arbitrary garbage "safe" volt that hasnt been proven yet and actually tuned the subs which is where all the damn performance comes from

If you're almost done with your loop, you should just finish it (and post pictures, since I'm interested in what you made). If you make strap an A/C unit to your CPU, you run the very high risk of condensation. Even if you insulate it well, there's still a massive risk to your hardware. It's not worth daily-driving. Just because LTT did a thing for views and money doesn't mean you should do the same thing as a daily driver.

Thats not really a practicality thing but more of a just for fun kinda thing, similar to how generic done to death custom loops are fun to some i like the thrill of -100c on a cascade/jt phase cooler, and with the temps im aiming for i doubt condensation will be much of an issue since everything will be ice anyways

Using the R-word. Reeeeeal classy there.

Also, experimentation isn't supposed to be this...sloppily done, for lack of a better word. Again, you can't just...jack up the frequencies, loosen up the timings, and expect it to work nearly as well as it running at stock.

I wrote that at like midnight and its now 2:38am so yea where id usually have a word filter now its fucked and i dont till i sleep

Yea ill need multiple samples for some proper experimentation but i intend on doing that anyways since ill be binning cpus

Also, I doubt an "experimenter" would have anywhere near the testing prowess of the engineers of Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Samsung, Micron, or SK Hynix who were the people who designed the bloody chips you're abusing.

I mean its nice to have a third party do extended testing

And its not like theyre perfect either with that ryzen 7000 vsoc debacle awhile back

6 hours ago, Schnoz said:

You are not doing this right.

nah, that's exactly what overclockers do, put some more VOLTAGE and here we go!!!

If that don't help, put some ice on it! 🙂

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Seriously though have you actually even oced ram yourself?

hey, i did! tried with corsair vengeance... didn't work whatsoever!  got the b-dies... here we go, works no problems,  just had to change voltage from 1.35 to 1.36 (lol) and let it do its "training" thing, its about as simple as drinking a glass of water... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, unclewebb said:

That is not true. Someone that does not understand the difference between PROCHOT and BD PROCHOT should not be giving advice on this subject. A processor can still thermal throttle to protect itself against any damage whether BD PROCHOT is enabled or not. 

More misinformation. Do some testing. Intel CPUs continue to run at full speed while using maximum turbo boost. They do not throttle 1 MHz before reaching the thermal throttling temperature. Any throttling before an Intel CPU reaches the thermal throttling temperature is not thermal throttling. 

@Shailesh Vats

The Utilization data that the Task Manager graphs does not accurately track the CPU speed or what your CPU is doing. Do not bother posting Task Manager screenshots. Utilization is not the same as usage. It is also physically impossible for a 1035G1 to run at 0.19 GHz. 

Your first ThrottleStop screenshot shows that the reason for throttling is BD PROCHOT. This is a common problem with many laptops. Your CPU is idle and only running at 48°C. This is obviously not a temperature related problem. The only way to fix a BD PROCHOT throttling problem is to clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. BD PROCHOT throttling is almost always caused by a sensor that has gone bad. When this type of throttling first starts to happen it might be an intermittent problem. A broken sensor is never going to fix itself. Always run ThrottleStop and always leave the BD PROCHOT box clear.

Check the MMIO Lock box which is near the top right of the TPL window. This will disable the secondary MMIO turbo power limits. This one simple tweak was designed to significantly improve the performance of many laptops with 10th Gen G series CPUs.    

image.png.a97d728d667eca68cca173f9a07e6965.png

The FIVR window will show the default maximum turbo ratios. Most Intel non K series CPUs slow down as more cores become active. The 1035G1 can use the 36 multiplier when 1 or 2 cores are active but this automatically decreases to the 33 multiplier when all cores are active. These CPUs cannot use the 36 multiplier when all cores are active. There is no way to get beyond this Intel limitation. 

Disable Windows core isolation memory integrity. 

I will make some more suggestions about maximizing performance after you post screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows.  

Windows core isolation was already disabled

i locked the mmio and here are the screen shots

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

55 minutes ago, Shailesh Vats said:

here are the screen shots

Things are looking better already. The CPU is no longer stuck running at its minimum speed. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196603/intel-core-i5-1035g1-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

Your first Task Manager screenshot was only showing 2 cores and 4 logical processors. The 1035G1 has 4 cores and 8 logical processors. That means you originally had half of your CPU disabled. ThrottleStop shows data for all 8 logical processors so everything is OK now.

For future reference, the msconfig Boot, Advanced options..., Number of processors box should never be checked. If you ever have this problem in the future, clear that box, press OK and reboot so Windows can find all of your CPU cores and threads.

The top middle of the FIVR window shows that CPU voltage control has been Locked by the BIOS. This might limit maximum performance but it is nothing to worry about quite yet. 

In the TPL window clear the Disable Controls box. Change Long Power PL1 from 15 to 35.

Check the Speed Shift box. Use the suggested Min and Max values which are 4 and 36.

Below that set Power Limit 4 to a value of 0. That should disable this power limit. 

Everything else looks OK. On the main screen check the Log File box. Your computer does not have a Nvidia GPU. If you have a game that the Intel UHD GPU can run, try playing that game for about 15 minutes. When finished testing, exit the game and then exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. You can find this log file in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach a log file to your next post so I can see how your computer is running. 

If you do not have any games then perhaps try running something like Cinebench. If your computer has excellent cooling, you will be able to run it with the PL1 power limit set to 35W. If your computer is constantly thermal throttling, you will have to edit the PL1 power limit value down to 30W or 25W. Whatever your cooling system can handle.

No worries if your computer occasionally needs to thermal throttle a little. That will not hurt anything. The Intel default thermal throttling temperature is 100°C and HP has reduced that to 97°C so your CPU will always be extra safe. What you want to avoid is constant thermal throttling. If the log file shows TEMP, TEMP, TEMP in the far right column and this goes on for minutes at a time, it would be best to reduce your turbo power limits or find some other magic way to improve your CPU cooling. Opening up your laptop and blowing the dust out of the heatsinks and fan will make a big difference if this has not been done recently.  

Some HP laptops with the 1035G1 will automatically be limited to the 15W TDP limit during any long term test. A log file should show if your laptop has this forced power limit or not. 

How is your laptop running? With twice as many cores and threads that are not stuck at the minimum speed, it has to be running a lot better than it was compared to when you started this thread. 

4 hours ago, unclewebb said:

so what i did is 

installed all the windows 10 updated i had

updated graphics driver using driver booster

downloaded win10 debloater ran it and debloated the win 10

did all the settings as you said its in the ss

installed cinebench x86_64 , my laptop architecture is amd 64 , i checked this out using echo %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%, tried running it but its showing an error, failed to render, idk where did i do something wrong

Screenshot (10).png

Can you undervolt on throttlestop with that cpu? I mean laptops really aren't what you want if you're looking for high clock speeds. 

5 hours ago, unclewebb said:

2023-11-05.txt was not able to run cinebench but here is your geekbench score

2 hours ago, Shailesh Vats said:

2023-11-05.txt was not able to run cinebench but here is your geekbench score

2023-11-05.txthere it is, i installed this cinebench from ms store and it started working ran a 15m multi core testbench and here are the scores

1 hour ago, Shailesh Vats said:

2023-11-05.txthere it is, i installed this cinebench from ms store and it started working ran a 15m multi core testbench and here are the scores

ran some test and i noticed that whenever i run user benchmark or cinebench the processor gets locked at .99ghz(task manager) , but normally it hover around 1.5 to 2.5 which is very nice , rest you can see in that text file i send in the quotes comment

@Shailesh Vats

The log file shows constant VRTEMP messages. That means your voltage regulators are over heating. The cooling of the voltage regulators is not adequate. That is what is significantly limiting the performance of your CPU. 

2 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@Shailesh Vats

The log file shows constant VRTEMP messages. That means your voltage regulators are over heating. The cooling of the voltage regulators is not adequate. That is what is significantly limiting the performance of your CPU. 

is there anything i can do, idk if they are overheating as i can feel much head coming from my pc even after testing it for quite some hours

21 minutes ago, Shailesh Vats said:

idk if they are overheating

The voltage regulators are overheating. This tells the CPU to throttle. Your CPU has a 15W TDP rating so you need to reduce the PL1 power limit until the VR TEMP messages go away. Open Limit Reasons while testing. Try 30W, then 25W, 20W and 15W. Some cheap motherboards have poor air flow and poor VR cooling. That is your limit.

It is also possible that one of the voltage regulators is broken.

Edit - when idle there are still constant VR overheating messages being sent to the CPU. A broken VR temperature sensor is the likely cause. 

51 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

The voltage regulators are overheating. This tells the CPU to throttle. Your CPU has a 15W TDP rating so you need to reduce the PL1 power limit until the VR TEMP messages go away. Open Limit Reasons while testing. Try 30W, then 25W, 20W and 15W. Some cheap motherboards have poor air flow and poor VR cooling. That is your limit.

It is also possible that one of the voltage regulators is broken.

Edit - when idle there are still constant VR overheating messages being sent to the CPU. A broken VR temperature sensor is the likely cause. 

the vr thermal is not going down even on 15w, i guess this is happening because i spilled some milk on it 4 months back and even though it got repaired in just a day it broke the vr's, is there anything else i can do or leave it as it is, i guess i should try the same settings on that celeron n4000 laptop and see if it does any better

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

2023-11-05.txt

6 hours ago, Shailesh Vats said:

i guess this is happening because i spilled some milk on it 4 months back

I always like it when the truth finally comes out. 😀

You broke your laptop. It probably shorted out one of the voltage regulators. 

6 hours ago, Shailesh Vats said:

it got repaired in just a day

It was obviously not properly prepared. To start troubleshooting and replacing voltage regulators is usually not worth it. Hard to find anyone capable of doing board level repairs without it costing more than the board is worth. 

A Celeron N4000 has a completely different CPU architecture compared to a Core i CPU. The ThrottleStop settings will not be the same. 

16 hours ago, unclewebb said:

I always like it when the truth finally comes out. 😀

You broke your laptop. It probably shorted out one of the voltage regulators. 

It was obviously not properly prepared. To start troubleshooting and replacing voltage regulators is usually not worth it. Hard to find anyone capable of doing board level repairs without it costing more than the board is worth. 

A Celeron N4000 has a completely different CPU architecture compared to a Core i CPU. The ThrottleStop settings will not be the same. 

can you tell me the settings for n4000 laptop, i have 1 more question i am only gonna do basic programming on it should i install linux mint( but can i do the same thing as i did on throttle stop) or i should install win 10 and do the throttle stop thingy orrrr just let it be on win 11 and do throttle thingy, the more perf the better, i already lost my potential candidate for this thing lol

3 hours ago, Shailesh Vats said:

can you tell me the settings for n4000

The Celeron N4000 is a low power, low performance processor. It will not likely have any of the throttling problems that your milk bathed 1035G1 laptop has.

ThrottleStop adjustments are only necessary if you have some sort of throttling problem. If your N4000 is not running at full speed when it is loaded, post a screenshot of ThrottleStop that shows this and post a screenshot of the TPL window. Low power processors tend to have the default turbo power limits set very low. If that is the reason for throttling, you might be able to fix that by using ThrottleStop. Try increasing the turbo power limits.

If your computer is not throttling, using ThrottleStop will not make any difference.