Help with my system

Hello, everyone. I have a very severe and complicated problem to solve regarding my PC system. Here are the specs:

• Intel i9 13900k
  • Asus Strix 4090 OC
  • G.Skill DDR5 32GB 7600MHz RAM
  • Samsung SSD 980 Pro (main and only storage)
  • 1200 watts Asus Thor 2 PSU
  • Asus Maximus Hero Z790 motherboard
  • Asus Helios case

Ever since I built this computer in November of last year (2022), I've been experiencing various issues. These include BSOD, random crashes, update errors for Windows, drivers, and Nvidia graphics. The XMP for 7600MHz RAM won't even boot Windows. I ran a test with Memtest86 for the RAM, and it failed miserably. I contacted G.Skill and replaced the RAM sticks with brand new ones. While my issues became less frequent, they persisted - BSOD once a week, app crashes every 6 or 7 hours, and so on. At first, I thought it might be due to all my hardware being very new, requiring more updates from the manufacturers to address their faulty hardware. I was already frustrated with the system, dealing with these problems and waiting for BIOS updates. However, the system improved but remained faulty. XMP would cause a BSOD, Google Chrome crashed every 15 minutes, and I encountered numerous errors with updates.

I attempted to restore my system from factory settings multiple times, but unfortunately, it was unsuccessful. Even after deactivating XMP and IA overclocking, the issues persisted. I returned to factory settings, yet the system still remained faulty. When I tried to perform a factory reset, the PC would encounter a BSOD in the midst of restoration. More issues arose from these crashes and my unsuccessful attempts to restore the PC with a fresh Windows installation. The system wouldn't even boot into Windows anymore.

Fed up with all these issues, I decided to get a new SSD, the 990 Pro, to rule out the possibility of a faulty SSD. Unfortunately, the same errors persisted. The system would boot into Windows, but Cinebench wouldn't run, updates failed to load, and apps kept crashing. Essentially, I'm back to the beginning.

HELP!

1C82F1CB-38EB-4B90-8121-799280C75F0E.jpeg

4B3AE747-01DF-4251-A08C-73939EA74399.jpeg

IMG_6344.jpeg

IMG_6343.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

You could try reducing your RAM speed. I've heard high speed DDR5 is often unstable. You'd have to find correct timings for the lower speeds or it'll be unstable.

How do I do those things? I know nothing about these things. Ram speed is already at 4800mhz default

50 minutes ago, Alam Alessio said:

How do I do those things? I know nothing about these things. Ram speed is already at 4800mhz default

Still worth a shot to lower further. I don't know exactly how to go about it as it varies between different vendors. It should be about where you switch to XMP. You should have an option to set them to DOCP, which puts them at factory settings. Do that, if you haven't already, and write down the timings you get. Use those timings as a starting point for when you lower it.

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not, perhaps that will solve your issue. It needs to get stable first though so it doesn't crash and get bricked. If you have "BIOS flashback," i.e. offline BIOS flash, you could try that.

You could also try using just one RAM stick and also try different slots and RAM placement configurations.

You may be inferring that the problem can be the RAM itself, right? It looks like unstable system. What about switching to Corsair? I heard they are good and more reliable

6 minutes ago, Alam Alessio said:

You may be inferring that the problem can be the RAM itself, right? It looks like unstable system. What about switching to Corsair? I heard they are good and more reliable

Sure it could be. DDR5 is very new tech and as such it still has teething issues. More than previously due to extreme speeds and some major changes.

You could try a new pair and return it if it doesn't solve your problem.

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.