Computer freezes and restarts after + sound loop but NO BSOD

empleat

Hello,

i reinstalled freshly Windows, but i had starting having first problem when my computer would freeze on fraction of a second and sound loop would be heard... Now it frozen completely in middle of a game + sound loops and then it restarted! I have no overheating, or OC and using default BIOS setting updated version 3 years fine. Tho I was overclocking CPU before and might have set too high LLC up to 6 trying to get my overclock stable, as my CPU is crap and i need to reach at least 4700mhz. Tho under 1.35v. But then i realized (on default BIOS setting), my mobo was putting 1.357v to CPU even on default setting. Later I realized XMP profile was on and that was probably the cause, nevertheless it is drastic for just 4600mhz, i guess because otherwise OC would be unstable! Still it is crazy motherboard did that on its own that high! I set XMP as i bought my computer 3 years ago and i thought it was only for RAM, i probably forgot after 3 years that it has profiles also for CPU OC...

I did intel diagnostic tool test multiple times and memtest and nothing bad was found... But i suspect i might destroyed my CPU by overclocking, i wanted to play Resident Evil 4 remake, but it had performance issues and my CPU was maxed and i need to get at least 4700mhz... so it wasn't utilized on 100%... But my CPU is crap and i experimented shortly with LLC 6 and 1.35v as i needed it to run stable at least within a game. I have burnout and i really enjoyed gaming like not in years, but it has performance issues... I didn't have any issues before in any other game and strange is reinstalling windows fixed my performance problems in Resident Evil 4 now, but i have still problem with sound loops and now i got full freeze and PC restart...

Right now cpu runs max 1.243v in load on stock 4.3ghz

EDIT: oh wait but i have minidump in Windows folder (Even no BSOD appeared), should i upload this? Is there any private information?

Might be GPU i read (same bug check code, but that's only part of information from minidump): https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-bug-check-error-code-0x00000133-ntoskrnl-exe

Looks like faulty CPU right? I could replace it, don't understand why it cost now on auction almost as much as when i bought it as new, when i saw it for 50$... Probably ppl can want to get advantage, if anyone needs it for their old PC... I will buy i3 7100 for one cent, even that is too good for me 😄 Why would someone sold it for 1 cent if it is working, reputable seller, that doesn't even make sense. It is firm account on auction. Hacked CPU? 😄

Here is a couple of things I would do.

First use stress test software to test the stability of both CPU and GPU. OCCT, Cinebench, CPU-Z. I usually start with a quick CPU-Z benchmark test to see if it makes it to the end and if it is stable with good temps, I then use Cinebench to make sure it doesn't crash after at least 20sec ( that means anything from Cinebench just closing with no errors to a full system freeze or reboot). If those two go well I know my CPU is stable.

I would then use Furmark, and some random games to check for the stability of the GPU. Use OCCT to test the GPU VRAM and system RAM.

If all of that goes well but I still crash during games or any other tasks, if it's a soft crash then I would use processor lasso to see what happens at the moment of crash like a big spike in CPU usage. That usually means I have too low of a voltage being fed to my processor.

I would probably reseat my processor just as a sanity check as well. If you worry that your CPU is no longer as good as it used to be, all the stress testing and benchmarks should reveal that. If it doesn't crash during benchmakrs like Cinebench, then it's not very likely that it would cause a crash during a game.

That's are pretty good tips, yeah i should do that!

This will take me some time i have messed sleep schedule and i will have it run overnight...

Thanks 🙂

9 hours ago, empleat said:

oh wait but i have minidump in Windows folder (Even no BSOD appeared), should i upload this? Is there any private information?

Might be GPU i read (same bug check code, but that's only part of information from minidump)

Yes, upload it.