Crystalframe, a revolutionary display technology

LapX

Hey guys, I apologize in advance because this is kind of a publicity, but I think everyone here will find it insanely cool.

Imagine you could walk into a grocery store, and a guy appears on the refrigerators glass panel to talk to suggest some products you might like. You could, with tactile gesture, show that you're interested or decline and ask to be left alone.

I could also display a video of a product, then really advantage of the advertising space.

I might have lost you because everything up to this point concerns advertisement but it were to replace your windows, you could use it to block the light (when the panel is off, no light is passing trough) with your phone.

It could also provide usefull information in a phone store, you could see a phone under a glass counter and interact with the display for it to show what you want to know.

Check out this video trailer and website to learn more :

http://www.crystalframe.ca/

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry it posted twice... How do I delete it ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry it posted twice... How do I delete it ?

Report it to a mod

Report it to a mod

I was going to, while doing it it got done :P Thanks mod !

@LapX, that looks quite interesting. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You could set one up in front of you and use as a computer display. Although it probably wouldn't work for that purpose. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You could set one up in front of you and use as a computer display. Although it probably wouldn't work for that purpose. :P

Well, you need a white light behind it because light has to pass threw. It's basically an LCD pannel between two pieces of glass. So you could if a spotlight was pointed to your face wich would be annoying, the technology has still to advance im that regard :(.

I think this would be great for car windscreens. Epic interactive Heads-up-displays

I haven't thought of that, you're right that would be absolutely amazing !