sketchup printing?

slifer

Hey guys, I recently just made a USB face plate for my USB ports, after some hard work measuring the spacings and sizes, I'm ready to print it! However, I don't know how to print this to paper and keep it the exact size that i just measured on sketchup. Any tips?? Thanks! :)

you are not talking about 3D Printing right?

Nope, I'm trying to print this onto a shipping label, so that i can stick it onto a piece of aluminum and do the cutting from the template. How do I print this? Thanks for the response though!

A quick google search gave me this

m.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-print-to-scale-from-google-sketchup-8.html

Read it and seems to be how ya do it =)

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

A quick google search gave me this

m.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-print-to-scale-from-google-sketchup-8.html

Read it and seems to be how ya do it =)

Hey, I'm following the steps for that, and I'm trying to set it to print at a 1:1 scale, (part 6) but those boxes don't let me click/type in them. Any tips? Thanks :)

It should be 1 in drawing and 1 in printing... im on ma phone right now soo cant test it.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Okay, I got this set to 1:1 , however, I'm printing an object thats 2x8" but it shows that its going to be printed on 12 different sheets.. Any way to fix this? Thanks

if ur thing u wan to print fits to a standard a4 sheet then u should be able to just use "fit to page" and "use model extents" and its should come out in 1:1 on just one page =D

and if you use print preview u kinda get an idea of how it will fit the paper/model/scale

ok just tested on my Htpc, and if I just use Fit to page and use model extents with a regular a4 sheet I get a 1:1 printable model.

just printed and its 50.8mm X 203.2mm (2x8inches) to the dot =D

1. make the model.

2. Camera/parallel Projection.

3. Camera/Standard Views/Top.

4. File/Print Setup.. and chose paper Size and orientation.

5. Print Preview/Fit to page checked and Use Model Extents checked and hit OK.

6. Print and hopefully be happy =D hehe

When I put both the fit to page and use model extents checked, it puts in the printout: 1, in sketchup 1.6747.. any way to fix this? Thanks for helping me through all this!

nevermind! I got it fixed! Thanks for the help! :)

Sounds good, and np allways fun to help. Thats what forums are all about.