First time builder. Started for the first time and AIO and three case fans not spinning.

YoungTomSoy
Go to solution Solved by GSTARR,

Double check the power connectors (SATA for the included controller) are securely plugged in. Might as well pull them out and reconnect them to be sure.

Also try disconnecting them from the controller, and connecting them straight to the mother board to see if they spin up.

When you plug in your PSU, it should be in the off position, right by where the cable plugs in (The wall outlet cable). But, capacitors still retain some current even after you turn it off so rgb turning on when you plug it in wouldn't terribly surprise me

So I just finished building a new PC.

Corsair 4000D RGB case

Asus Rog Strix B-550 F MoBo

Corsair H100i AIO

Corsair QX120 RGB fans

3x Corsair AF120 Fans included with case and controllers.

The system does post, but I am concerned about a few things and was hoping for guidance. The main thing is that the majority of my case fans aren't spinning, including my AIO fans. I moved the 3 included fans to 2x intake under my GPU and 1 as exhuast. I put the 3 icue link fans in the front as intake and the aio rad mounted in the top of the case.

• When I plug in the power supply and plug it in the RGB on my MoBo immediately lights up. Is that normal? I would think it wouldn't have power till I hit the power button?

• The only case fans spinning are the front three, with no rgb. The included case fans, which I just plugged back into the included controller the way they came, two are lit with RGB but none of them are spinning.

• The pump for the AIO is running, but the fans aren't

I don't want to run the system without the AIO fans. The only thing not plugged in is what looks to be a USB C on the face of the fans connected to the rad.

Please help?

Double check the power connectors (SATA for the included controller) are securely plugged in. Might as well pull them out and reconnect them to be sure.

Also try disconnecting them from the controller, and connecting them straight to the mother board to see if they spin up.

When you plug in your PSU, it should be in the off position, right by where the cable plugs in (The wall outlet cable). But, capacitors still retain some current even after you turn it off so rgb turning on when you plug it in wouldn't terribly surprise me

Shipping sucks

36 minutes ago, YoungTomSoy said:

When I plug in the power supply and plug it in the RGB on my MoBo immediately lights up. Is that normal? I would think it wouldn't have power till I hit the power button?

I got the same motherboard and the Strix logo lights up as soon as the PSU receives power from the wall. Think of it as an indicator that the computer is plugged in. But if any other components are lighting up, that is not normal.

38 minutes ago, YoungTomSoy said:
  • The only case fans spinning are the front three, with no rgb. The included case fans, which I just plugged back into the included controller the way they came, two are lit with RGB but none of them are spinning.

• The pump for the AIO is running, but the fans aren't

If the AIO pump is running, you can run your computer for a while before the water gets too hot. Should be good for about 10 minutes depending on your CPU.

I suggest you try running a benchmark or a game on your computer to see if the fans will start spinning. One setting that is common is that the fans won't spin unless the CPU or inside of case gets hot enough. This is configurable in the fan curves section of your BIOS and can also be controlled by AMD software within Windows.

Hope that helps.

Got it, basically I am an idiot. Eveyrthing is working fine and I am installing windows now. Thank you for the quick response both. Here is what I messed up in case any one else shows up here and it helps them.

a. The AIO was not plugged into the fans it is attached to.

b. I thought the older style case fans only attaced to the controller, and not also to the motherboard (that's why there were two fan wires, duh).

I was also getting a cpu fan error because I had the AIO plugged into the wrong fan header.

So yeah, all good now, and thann you very much for the help!