Which case should i get, H9 Elite or 5000X ?

sagihabusha

Hello there
I'm going to buy a new high-end PC with 14900K/Hero Dark/4080 Strix/H150i Link/64GB Dominator Titanium/QX or QL fans

The thing is I can't really decide which case should I get, the NZXT H9 Elite or the Corsair 5000x.

I want a good looking case and something that not everyone has so I lean towards the H9, but I really really want to be able to control the RGB and use ICUE (I also have Corsair peripherals).

So I have few question for you guys to help me with:
1. Which case Is better? H9 or 5000X ?
2. Can I get Corsair link/lightning hub and install it on the H9 to control every Corsair staff on ICUE ?  or it to complicated and in that case should I get the Corsair case for less headache?

3. Which got the best airflow and features and the best build quality  ?

I don't want to purchase another brands of cases maybe instead the H9 I'll get the 110 Evo but at the moment those are my choices

It's really important to me to use one software to control my fans/AIO RGB/Case and all my parts..

Thanks for your help

45 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

I want a good looking case and something that not everyone has

VS

the NZXT H9 Elite

the Corsair 5000x.

Those are like borderline safe, default go to premium cases right now. Throw in a Y60 and a O11 dynamic and you'll have the four cases of the apocalypse. They're the current trend. Fractal Design's North and Torrent are still a bit underrepresented but just about to go mainstream as well. 

What will make a case unique and lot like every other one that everyone has is modding it. Putting screen panels in place of glass is the current trend. You could try mirroring or putting in a screen of some sorts.

I've heard non stop issues with iCUE. If I ask every Corsair stan what they think of Corsairsr RGB ecosystem I'd say most of the time their response is to go with someone else. Try LianLi or Phanteks?

Cases where airflow needs to get past a 90 degree kink always suffer in airflow and temps unless you have radiators so with no rads the winner would be 5000X.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

5000x has poor airflow

H9 elite is just another lian li o11 clone

So for 1. h9 is better

Just a heads up a h150i cant cool a 14900k at stock. Its just not a good enough cooler the only 2 that can right now are the arctic liquid freezer 360/420 and the asus rog 360 because they have good fans. The corsair rgb fans arent great and thus suffer.

2. you can get a commander that does regular 4pin rgb that can send control to the case

3.h9 wins airflow no sweat features and such its up to you both are boxes that hold a pc

Also rgb is A PAINT IN THE ASS even when you buy all from one company. My tip is to avoid as much as possible and get some simple rgb that can be controlled from a hub with a remote or basically any rgb that uses a 4pin cable so you can use openrgb supported equipment as that means you can control everything from 1 software and have the hub remember your settings instead of forgetting or having super wonkt rgb from time to time.

Id also recommend you look at the bequiet 500 fx. Its a simple case with nice rgb that is by default controlled via a case button

12 minutes ago, sagihabusha said:

which rog module ?

The liquid cooler fyi the arctic is BETTER and cheaper. They focused on good fans first rgb later all the rest basically did rgb first good fans later.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:47 AM, sagihabusha said:

Which case Is better? H9 or 5000X ?

The H9 is a terrarium. I haven't seen the specs for the 14900k, but Intel and AMD are saying that temps are going to keep going up for CPUs. I have the 5000x RGB. The includes 3 SP120 RGB Elite fans, which are average at best, and even Corsair support will tell you to get better fans. If you must go Corsair, get the 5000D Airflow instead, and the best quality fans that match your aesthetic. If you can get a full mesh case instead, that would probably be better. Link is a gimmick to make people spend more. 

Can I get Corsair link/lightning hub and install it on the H9 to control every Corsair staff on ICUE ?  or it to complicated and in that case should I get the Corsair case for less headache?

AFAIK,  yes you can. Let me be honest. Corsair, Lian Li, NZXT and some other companies are switching to proprietary connectors to capture customers. If you get tired of Corsair's higher prices and/or are dissatisfied, you'll have to spend a fair amount of money to "escape." 😉 Of course, it's up to you! I just picked up some Lian Li and NZXT fans and both have proprietary ARGB connectors. Lian Li uses SM, and NZXT uses their company man be for their connectors. Lian Li,  at least, includes an adapter to plug the ARGB cable into the mobo. You'd have to cut off the proprietary plugs and sockets, and then attach standard connectors with their pinouts. Not hard to do, really, unless the manufacturer refuses to tell you the proprietary pinouts, in which case you'd have to use a meter. 

I've only used iCUE a bit because I find the organization and layout somewhat confusing, and it doesn't always work right.

Which got the best airflow and features and the best build quality  ?

I haven't used the NZXT H9 so I can't accurately speculate. I can tell you that Corsair documents documentation sucks,  the pictographs are not particularly useful, some features aren't documented, and the lighting node and PWM repeater (never having dealt with them before and there being no documentation) was confusing. I did a review of the case and a couple of other videos, including installing fans and connecting the repeater and node. If you need to see those videos, PM me since I can't publicly share them. 

The 5000D Airflow will do much better and looks almost the same,  and clearly will do better than the H9, too.

Some aspects of the 5000 series could've been designed better. It's solidly built, though, but all that glass, including the completely unnecessary right panel's glass, and the metal make this a heavy case. Add in all the internal stuff and it gets really heavy. 

There are several AIOs that will cost less and cool that CPU better, including the two that jaslion mentioned. That said, I don't think that it's worth the extra cost but it's up to you.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂