Need help on desoldering 7 segment displays.

lowieCOOL

I want to desolder the seven segment displays, which ar emounted with through holes, from the pcb as shown in the 1st picture, but I haven't been succesfull so far.

The ejuipment I have is shown in the 3rd picture. Any advice would be appreciated.

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

10 minutes ago, lowieCOOL said:

I want to desolder the seven segment displays, which ar emounted with through holes, from the pcb as shown in the 1st picture, but I haven't been succesfull so far.

The ejuipment I have is shown in the 3rd picture. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lay your solder wick over the legs of the 7segment and apply heat. It should suck up the solder into the wick.

I don't see a desoldering pump in your picture.
The name is self-explanatory and usage is quite simple:

Or you can try using your wick... though I personally only use that for cleaning pads on PCB.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

4 hours ago, lowieCOOL said:

Grab a solid copper wire, run it along all the pins of the 7-seg. Bridge the copper wire & pins with some solder.
Now heat the copper wire, all the solders on the pins will melt. Pull the 7seg downward using tweezer while the solder is liquid

If you still want to use the PCB :

- Heat the solder again, pull out copper wire using tweezer.

- Now use wick to clean the leftover solder on the PCB

Or you know... heat them up with that hot air gun until all the solder on the pins melts , then pull down the 7seg while solder is still liquid.

Use kapton tape on the micro controller & SMD components if you're afraid of it being moved by the hot air.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Not the professional answer:

Desolder the TI (?) SMD chip (hot air) and put it aside. Than just blast it till the display falls out or is free to move. 

People never go out of business.

The hot air solutions might melt the plastic of the displays. But otherwise all solutions should work. If they don`t, a desoldering gun is a good investment, if you need to do this more often.

I use a desoldering iron when doing a lot of pin desolders.  a lot better than iron and solder sucker.  The iron is hollow and you can drop it right over the pin and heat it up and suck the solder straight up out of the hole. 

https://www.amazon.com/YIHUA-Electric-Desoldering-Charging-Through-Hole/dp/B094ZCRXMN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2S5N3501G4H7I&keywords=desoldering+iron&qid=1698322549&sprefix=desoldering+iron%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1