Best upgrade path for current setup? 2700x/2070/B450

Stormseeker9
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

worth it

nope.

would be 5800x3d

Yes and honestly that would be it for Cities, most simulator titles, and F1 series for as long as they stick to EGO. If you have stock cooler you need an aftermarket cooler but after that as long as your case is pretty well ventilated you can run it on stock settings.

Hi all, so for my current rig I built in late 18 or early 19; what upgrade path would be best for current mobo/gpu? Primarily used for gaming + work (no editing type work, basic stuff)

Budget (including currency): if possible, max €500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: simulator games such as FS22/ETS2/flight sim; cities skylines; indie games; most heavy game probably going to be F24 next year. 

Other details

- 2700X

- B450 gaming pro carbon AC

-32GB LPX @ 3200mhz 

- missed details in signature 

I understand that in my budget there is no room for a GPU upgrade, when also upgrading CPU. Would it be best to rather look at GPU upgrade than a CPU? Main reason for upgrading is the PC feels sluggish compared to my M1 MBP. Graphics look decent but I miss the quality of shading (I guess) with my current setup when looking at people playing same games and their graphics. Open to any advice and if I missed anything please let me know! 

thanks in advance 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

8 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Hey thanks for your response.  

Question regarding option #2: I can see the 5800X available for €219 -> is the +€30 price tag worth it insteadf of the 5700x?  Further, I've seen mentioned best pick for an AM4 mobo would be 5800x3d? can you attest to this? as in, it would be the ' best' newer gen chip for AM4 as a last upgrade before the next ugprade in a few years would be the entire rig?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

worth it

nope.

would be 5800x3d

Yes and honestly that would be it for Cities, most simulator titles, and F1 series for as long as they stick to EGO. If you have stock cooler you need an aftermarket cooler but after that as long as your case is pretty well ventilated you can run it on stock settings.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 hours ago, SorryBella said:

nope.

gotcha, thanks. 

So if I understand corretly, either the 5700x or go the extra mile for the 5800x3d? As the latter would be the best 'new' cpu for my current gen mobo?

6 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

gotcha, thanks. 

So if I understand corretly, either the 5700x or go the extra mile for the 5800x3d? As the latter would be the best 'new' cpu for my current gen mobo?

On the money. Not every board can handle the high end Zen amperage demand but your board should be fine.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, SorryBella said:

On the money. Not every board can handle the high end Zen amperage demand but your board should be fine.

Thanks!

Which one would you personally opt for, also taking my current GPU in consideration?

Just curious and can’t make up my mind haha 

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Thanks!

Which one would you personally opt for, also taking my current GPU in consideration?

Just curious and can’t make up my mind haha 

5800X3D. I got Assetto Corsa, Payday 3, F1 series, and probably soon enough Forza Motorsport.

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

5800X3D. I got Assetto Corsa, Payday 3, F1 series, and probably soon enough Forza Motorsport.

Thanks. I'll wait for black fridaynin November, perhaps a deal pops up on itm as currently its around €325 here.