Will the Coolermaster MA612 cool the i7 11700k?

CrimsonCR

So I’m upgrading alot of my PC over the next few months and am going to get both a 4070 and an i7 11700k upgrading from a 1650 Super and 10400f. (I got the 1650 Super 3 years ago and the 10400f last christmas along with the RAM and MOBO. getting the 4070 will mean I will definately have to change my CPU cooler because of its size, meaning I can’t screw the GPU in. My 1650 Super has been sagging for literally a year. I can’t risk that with a 4070. I can’t switch to a water cooler either due to motherboard heatsinks or parts of the case getting in the way, which means I am definately going to have to go with air. I looked at the Coolermaster MA612 as I saw photos of it with my actual motherboard and saw it not blocking the GPU or covering the 1st RAM slot at all. now my next question is, can this cooler cool an i7 11700k well? I’m going to be using my PC to Game as well as use the Adobe Creative Cloud. I’m also concious of the height as well, as my current cooler is 152mm tall and this next one is 158mm tall, i’m pretty sure it will be fine, and even still it has a removable plate, but just a lil anxious about it. 

Current Relevant Specs:

i5 10400f

GTX 1650 Super Gaming X

ASROCK Z590M Pro4

MSI Core Frozr S

69910712-D862-47F8-94A3-AAEE06577ACD.thumb.jpeg.64a481616dcaf9d612818a680e7280a5.jpeg

B26F27F5-5189-40C1-A33A-19D897D3A4C7.thumb.jpeg.b3763546bf278796e1304258c5f7072b.jpeg

95E421EC-64E0-4098-922E-6ECD0FBAA8B0.thumb.jpeg.1c8356c5e9622388a4efb916e7114697.jpeg

Should be fine. Not the best but shouldn't hinder you either

Personally, I'd stick with it

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

3 minutes ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Should be fine. Not the best but shouldn't hinder you either

Personally, I'd stick with it

Stick with it as in stick with the coolermaster 612 right? not as in stick with the one i have now?

2 minutes ago, CrimsonCR said:

Stick with it as in stick with the coolermaster 612 right? not as in stick with the one i have now?

Sorry lol, not reading all the way through

the MA612 is great, it will be good

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

If your GC is sagging, either buy a bracket or put something under it to prop it up. I used a golf pencil. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If your GC is sagging, either buy a bracket or put something under it to prop it up. I used a golf pencil. 

it’s not a type of sag that its too big, it literally can’t be screwed in because the cooler is that big 😂😂 thats why i need to switch cooler when i get my 4070.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCR said:

it’s not a type of sag that its too big, it literally can’t be screwed in because the cooler is that big 😂😂 thats why i need to switch cooler when i get my 4070.

And you can't rotate the cooler so that it won't block the GC, correct?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

15 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

And you can't rotate the cooler so that it won't block the GC, correct?

Not at all, I'm going to go for the new Coolermaster one as stated in the post, do you think it'll cool the i7 11700k?

43 minutes ago, CrimsonCR said:

Not at all, I'm going to go for the new Coolermaster one as stated in the post, do you think it'll cool the i7 11700k?

I checked a couple of reviews and it seems quite capable of cooling that CPU, with only a modestly higher temp than the Noctua D15 and half the price.

Just now, RevGAM said:

I checked a couple of reviews and it seems quite capable of cooling that CPU, with only a modestly higher temp than the Noctua D15 and half the price.

Cheers buddy, I'll go with that one. Much appreciated!