Better Reply/Thread management

DripplessNewt

The one thing I dont like about these forums is that when you have a lot of replies it can be daunting to see whose replying to what (especially if its not all replying to the same thing). I think it would be easier if all the replies for a post (or reply) were just slid/indented over a little. Similar to the (new?) reddit way. It doesn't even need to be hid or that much, just slide it over a little. 

This has been brought up many times before and has always been rejected due to the nature of conversation on the forum. Making the chronological order of the forum make sense 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, DripplessNewt said:

The one thing I dont like about these forums is that when you have a lot of replies it can be daunting to see whose replying to what (especially if its not all replying to the same thing). I think it would be easier if all the replies for a post (or reply) were just slid/indented over a little. Similar to the (new?) reddit way. It doesn't even need to be hid or that much, just slide it over a little. 

This is a traditional linear discussion forum, not Reddit. (Thankfully.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, DripplessNewt said:

This is the semi-traditional Forum type. If you prefer the Reddit style of forum there is an LTT Reddit.

But as for my 2cents, this style is easier to track than the reddit mess of garbage that it is. Just saying.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

This is the semi-traditional Forum type. If you prefer the Reddit style of forum there is an LTT Reddit.

But as for my 2cents, this style is easier to track than the reddit mess of garbage that it is. Just saying.

I used to be on other forums that converted to a Reddit "style". It ruined tons of threads that had documentation, stories, and things similar to the banning game.