The LAN Show?

The LAN Show  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a gaming dedicated stream?

• Yes - I like the idea of a gaming dedicated stream
    • No

The gaming industry is huge and a large number of people here play in one form or another,

Is it time for a stream dedicated to the industry? Similar in format to WAN show just exclusively focused on gaming and the hardware there-in. I am pretty sure there is more than enough content to make one without having one aspect dominate the entire show. From developments in the PC industry on new hardware, to hardware updates in the console world on whats happening now and whats coming thats the first hour right there. Then we hit the software side with game release hits and misses, gameplay reviews, game development, throw in an interview or two then a Q&A and you easily have a two hour show. The first hour can be recorded while waiting for Linus to turn up for the WAN show聽馃槣聽j/k

The infrastructure is already in place, i'm just putting it out there and seeing the response.

This is what Gamelinked is for. Also, why would you want to compound their already busy schedule? They could barely hold it together before they slowed down back in August, even then the videos were riddled with errors left and right constantly. Adding a new long format talk show like that would only compound things even more.

Community Standards聽| Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @聽me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer.聽

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop |聽Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)聽| RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36聽3600mhz聽

1tb Samsung 970 Evo |聽2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming聽Rig

聽Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix聽| 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |聽聽Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Gamelinked is a short video program this would not be. The WAN show is an established and well recognised format.

What would it need? Is there already a pipeline of content that can be utilised. Would the guys making the short videos like to have the time to talk about the industry they love? The industry is under serviced in this area. There are no long format streamers out there. Thats the only reason I raise it as it is missing.

I'd love to listen to show on all the latest in the gaming world.

2 hours ago, Zerlargal said:

The industry is under serviced in this area

It wouldnt be underserviced without a reason

Theres a thing called demand

And when theres not much demand theres no incentive for ppl to create anything to satisfy this little demand unless if its literally the only thing left and all the other more lucrative stuff has been saturated demand wise

I think the major issue is, that neither Luke nor Linus have that much time for gaming, so the nuggets we get during WAN is probably what content there is to extract in the first place.

Could they make Talklinked versions of Gamelinked? Probably one could argue that the StarCitezen techlonger vid was that, but it's better IMO to do that on a case by case basis, when there is something interesting to precent instead of two peps talking loosely for 2-4 hours.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Do you have any idea how much is going on the gaming world? Like all the time. I wasn't looking at this as a thing for Luke/Linus as they already have the WAN show. I was thinking different set of hosts and there is a ton of material to talk about each week. Lots of gaming companies are suffering from layoffs at the moment, this will have knock on effects to the offerings to us gamers. Why is this happening? Is this a post covid thing or an economic thing? The WAN show has shown us just how interesting the industry is and on the gaming side is all that again. Build up a list of sources, line up a some interviews, take a look at the latest hardware and what exciting new things are on the way... I mean the material is already there. It just needs someone to talk about it.

5 hours ago, Zerlargal said:

The gaming industry is huge and a large number of people here play in one form or another,

Is it time for a stream dedicated to the industry? Similar in format to WAN show just exclusively focused on gaming and the hardware there-in. I am pretty sure there is more than enough content to make one without having one aspect dominate the entire show. From developments in the PC industry on new hardware, to hardware updates in the console world on whats happening now and whats coming thats the first hour right there. Then we hit the software side with game release hits and misses, gameplay reviews, game development, throw in an interview or two then a Q&A and you easily have a two hour show. The first hour can be recorded while waiting for Linus to turn up for the WAN show聽馃槣聽j/k

The infrastructure is already in place, i'm just putting it out there and seeing the response.

They do a pretty good job covering gaming in the WAN show don't they? Seems like every week they hit the major points of what's happening in the gaming world.

6 hours ago, Zerlargal said:

this will have knock on effects to the offerings to us gamers.聽

ah yes gamers, the most oppressed group of people

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Did you know there are other channels other than LTT?

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

naaa they already have gamelinked

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

On 10/12/2023 at 9:21 AM, Zerlargal said:

Do you have any idea how much is going on the gaming world? Like all the time.

Thats not really issue here. The issue is that LMGs style is to cover things they are passionate about and have something to say beyond marketing material or reading articles others have written. Yes, those are base of current WAN Show, the articles written by others. But if the hosts don't have their own opinions about those things, then its just hosts reading out news for 2 hours. Its not talk show or podcast at that point.

I wasn't looking at this as a thing for Luke/Linus as they already have the WAN show. I was thinking different set of hosts and there is a ton of material to talk about each week.

So there's heap of issues there. First is the time slot and why using current staff would be nope imo. The time slot they have for WAN is Friday prime time. The tech show in the time slot just before that is RTFM Show. So having another Friday evening show would be stepping on fellow creators toes hard. Having it on Saturday or Sunday would mean extra pay, and since rest of the staff is working office hours, hiring hosts just for this role. Using existing staff for week nights is nope for same reason. They are already working at the day time.

The lack of content overall isn't the issue, you keep hanging on to that like it is. While there are already gaming podcasts and shows covering such content.

Lots of gaming companies are suffering from layoffs at the moment, this will have knock on effects to the offerings to us gamers. Why is this happening? Is this a post covid thing or an economic thing?

Thats interesting statement to be made, and shows that you don't really grasp reasons for layoffs in general. Only ones suffering there are workers, not the companies.聽

The WAN show has shown us just how interesting the industry is and on the gaming side is all that again. Build up a list of sources, line up a some interviews, take a look at the latest hardware and what exciting new things are on the way... I mean the material is already there. It just needs someone to talk about it.

And thats the issue. They would need to hire whole team to do it. Plus since it would be like a WAN, they really could only use Dan from the current staff for it. Maybe those who write Gamelinked too. But then, they would need hosts that are actually gaming and not just in one genre or platform. Or have existing experience from game journalism or development to be able to bring in something more than just personality.

If you look at the companies covered in WAN, its only the big names and ones Linus and Luke have personal attachment to. Nintendo and Activision-Blizzard for Luke, Microsoft and Ubisoft for Linus.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, Zerlargal said:

Is it time for a stream dedicated to the industry?

Looks like the ansewr is no.