Advice on new gaming rig

SturmOne
Go to solution Solved by SturmOne,
1 hour ago, filpo said:

Quite good but a few changes 

try this 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€400.83 @ Computeruniverse) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€105.98 @ Aquatuning) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€230.87 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  (€103.89 @ Galaxus) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  (€977.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€114.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €2059.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-02 14:32 CEST+0200

Thank you and everyone in this Thread!

I have adopted almost all of your changes except for the power Supply and cooler.

As for the power supply, I have read some bad reviews of this model and Thermaltake PSU's in general so i have opted for my original choice. I would rather pay the extra 25€ than risk any damage to components or dealing with rma's etc.

As for the cooler, the Liquid Freezer 2, while very good, is overkill for the 7800X3D and i have gone with @TatamiMatt 's suggestion of the Phantom Spirit.

I will mark this answer as the solution.

Thanks again to everyone!

Hi everyone!

Looking to get some advice on my new PC.

Budget (including currency): around 2000€ 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Primarily Gaming (various Shooters, Anno 1800, Factorio, Elden Ring, ...)

Other details 

Parts List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QpkwcH

This is the parts list I have been working on for the past couple days.

If you have any recommendations or notice incompatibilities I would be happy to hear them out.

I already own a M.2 SSD i can use.

I Am looking for playing games on 1440p but will most likely buy a capable Monitor on Black Friday and use my old one for now. (monitor not part of budget)

i mean quite simply put what you are doing this is beyond overkill.

If you have the money go for it it's a good pc

All I changed is the case since it is better and already has good fans https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/gfm3yg

Just turn off the rgb if you don't want it

6 minutes ago, SturmOne said:

Hi everyone!

Looking to get some advice on my new PC.

Budget (including currency): around 2000€ 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Primarily Gaming (various Shooters, Anno 1800, Factorio, Elden Ring, ...)

Other details 

Parts List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QpkwcH

This is the parts list I have been working on for the past couple days.

If you have any recommendations or notice incompatibilities I would be happy to hear them out.

I already own a M.2 SSD i can use.

I Am looking for playing games on 1440p but will most likely buy a capable Monitor on Black Friday and use my old one for now. (monitor not part of budget)

try this 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€105.98 @ Aquatuning) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€230.87 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  (€103.89 @ Galaxus) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  (€977.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

My only real suggestions are

1 - I think that CPU cooler is a bit overkill for a 7800X3D, you may be able to get away with a cheaper air cooler if you want, and perhaps funnel that savings into a better motherboard. I'm using a Deepcool AK620 and it performs quite well, apparently about as good as a Noctua NH-D15, and should be pretty cheap. There's also the Thermalright Peerless Assassin which might be cheaper and should perform similarly (hopefully I have the correct name here, correct me if I'm wrong any other posters). 

2 - I will preach that if you're buying an AMD card, Sapphire is the only way.

3 - Careful with that RAM, especially on a cheaper board, I'd google if people get that RAM speed/timings working on your chosen board before purchase, because AMD systems' RAM speed limit is realistically 6000MHz and cl 30 is quite low latency for that speed, so just make sure the board can handle it without issues. I know it should largely be the CPU that determines RAM overclocking/high speed, but boards do play a part, so better safely check than to be sorry!

Hope this helps.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

15 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

My only real suggestions are

1 - I think that CPU cooler is a bit overkill for a 7800X3D, you may be able to get away with a cheaper air cooler if you want, and perhaps funnel that savings into a better motherboard. I'm using a Deepcool AK620 and it performs quite well, apparently about as good as a Noctua NH-D15, and should be pretty cheap. There's also the Thermalright Peerless Assassin which might be cheaper and should perform similarly (hopefully I have the correct name here, correct me if I'm wrong any other posters). 

3 - Careful with that RAM, especially on a cheaper board, I'd google if people get that RAM speed/timings working on your chosen board before purchase, because AMD systems' RAM speed limit is realistically 6000MHz and cl 30 is quite low latency for that speed, so just make sure the board can handle it without issues. I know it should largely be the CPU that determines RAM overclocking/high speed, but boards do play a part, so better safely check than to be sorry!

Hope this helps.

Peerless assassin is good, but go for the phantom spirit, new rev of the peerless assassin with extra heatpipe, about $5-10 more, cooling is on par with nhd15, ak620 etc

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Just now, TatamiMatt said:

Peerless assassin is good, but go for the phantom spirit, new rev of the peerless assassin with extra heatpipe, about $5-10 more, cooling is on par with nhd15, ak620 etc

Excellent. Do you have any links to people testing it? Or did I mention the wrong cooler to begin with?

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just now, D2ultima said:

Excellent. Do you have any links to people testing it? Or did I mention the wrong cooler to begin with?

Youve got the name right on the 6 heatpipe version, the phantom spirit was only released a little ago. The PS is just a 7 heatpipe version of the PA

Review

NHD15 Comparison

Its an absolute beast for the price point its at

System specs:

11 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Youve got the name right on the 6 heatpipe version, the phantom spirit was only released a little ago. The PS is just a 7 heatpipe version of the PA

Review

NHD15 Comparison

Its an absolute beast for the price point its at

Yes, that's excellent, I'm very happy to learn of this. I'm also eyeing the Frost Spirit 140, it looks like it could handle a 13900K under pretty decent loads, which is impressive. 

45 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

XFX and especially PowerColor have really stepped up their game when it comes to build quality and performance. XFX has always been there but PowerColor should be a solid consideration as of late.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Yes, that's excellent, I'm very happy to learn of this. I'm also eyeing the Frost Spirit 140, it looks like it could handle a 13900K under pretty decent loads, which is impressive. 

Ive a brand new frost commander in the box waiting to be installed on a 7800X3D, also waiting to be installed, ill let you know how it runs at the weekend when i put the pc together!

System specs:

Should fare pretty well. High end premium options:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€400.98 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool ASSASSIN IV 79.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (€96.90 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€182.90 @ Alza) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€125.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  (€615.88 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€67.90 @ Galaxus) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€108.89 @ notebooksbilliger.de) 
Total: €1599.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-02 15:26 CEST+0200

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, filpo said:

try this 

PCPartPicker Part List

Thank you and everyone in this Thread!

I have adopted almost all of your changes except for the power Supply and cooler.

As for the power supply, I have read some bad reviews of this model and Thermaltake PSU's in general so i have opted for my original choice. I would rather pay the extra 25€ than risk any damage to components or dealing with rma's etc.

As for the cooler, the Liquid Freezer 2, while very good, is overkill for the 7800X3D and i have gone with @TatamiMatt 's suggestion of the Phantom Spirit.

I will mark this answer as the solution.

Thanks again to everyone!